• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

6 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I mean if you and the Mrs want to watch our 3 kids...

I don't think you want me watching kids. The last time I babysat I gave too many sweets to the kid I was sitting and we played hockey all night in the basement and he ended up throwing up and getting sick due to eating way more candy than he was used to. :lol:

Those parents never called me back to babysit again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

I don't think you want me watching kids. The last time I babysat I gave too many sweets to the kid I was sitting and we played hockey all night in the basement and he ended up throwing up and getting sick due to eating way more candy than he was used to. :lol:

Nahhh they’re grown, well 15, 12 and almost 10. They’re really active in their sports so it’s kinda tough to get any extra curricular activities, however, the 2 oldest have hinted at wanting to learn to ski or snowboard so I may do that at the end of the month if conditions stay great. The youngest is into swimming and not too interested yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Euro still sucks. Not even worth posting a map unless .1 to .2 precip total tickles your fancy. 

BGM is going to have to follow up with their epic forecast bust of last storm by cancelling the premature WSW for atleast the Southern Tier counties. What a joke. 

It seems really off to me, even the first panels. It’s not initializing correctly. There’s far more precipitation on the national radar right now than it’s modeling. 

7 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Nahhh they’re grown, well 15, 12 and almost 10. They’re really active in their sports so it’s kinda tough to get any extra curricular activities, however, the 2 oldest have hinted at wanting to learn to ski or snowboard so I may do that at the end of the month if conditions stay great. The youngest is into swimming and not too interested yet.

Those are good ages to get into skiing/boarding. I started boarding around 14 and switched to skiing as I enjoyed it more. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Those are good ages to get into skiing/boarding. I started boarding around 14 and switched to skiing as I enjoyed it more. 

I learned in my early 20’s to ski and I never looked back. I love the outdoors and it’s a great way to see so many parts of the northeast and locally too. Killington is my favorite just for its shear size, but any of the Adirondack/ VT slopes will do

• Like 1

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

I learned in my early 20’s to ski and I never looked back. I love the outdoors and it’s a great way to see so many parts of the northeast and locally too. Killington is my favorite just for its shear size, but any of the Adirondack/ VT slopes will do

Same here man. Any time I get I'm outside hiking and exploring. I can't wait to explore Alaska and out west in summer. So many mountains to hike. I got the pro version of all trails and it works without service and uses GPS. It opened up the door to so many new hikes that no one does. Don't have to worry about covid if you don't see a single person during a hike. ^_^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Average dailys going up. Almost that time :sun:

Feb 17th- High- 33.5 Low- 19.3

March and October are two crazy months that I enjoy. 

The averages drop so fast in October and rise fast in march. In a little over 1 month Torontos average high will already be mid-upper 40s, even just slightly below normal after March 10th doesnt help keep snowpack. 

Its 20F but the driveways are wet with no snow and there's dripping coming from the deck where the suns hitting it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

March and October are two crazy months that I enjoy. 

The averages drop so fast in October and rise fast in march. In a little over 1 month Torontos average high will already be mid-upper 40s, even just slightly below normal after March 10th doesnt help keep snowpack. 

Its 20F but the driveways are wet with no snow and there's dripping coming from the deck where the suns hitting it. 

March and April are my least favorite months. It's usually too cold to do much outside unless March 2012 and too warm for snow most of the time after 3rd week of March. June-August are my favorite months, followed by Nov-Jan. (Lake effect Season) 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Same here man. Any time I get I'm outside hiking and exploring. I can't wait to explore Alaska and out west in summer. So many mountains to hike. I got the pro version of all trails and it works without service and uses GPS. It opened up the door to so many new hikes that no one does. Don't have to worry about covid if you don't see a single person during a hike. ^_^

Yes that is my dream also. Explore Alaska and the mountain west! Sierra Nevada and the Rockies. I watch the shows on HGTV or GAC (Great American Country) living Alaska, buying Alaska and Mountain living...now if I can just brainwash the wife it’s better than palm trees and the beach...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Yes that is my dream also. Explore Alaska and the mountain west! Sierra Nevada and the Rockies. I watch the shows on HGTV or GAC (Great American Country) living Alaska, buying Alaska and Mountain living...now if I can just brainwash the wife it’s better than palm trees and the beach...

I've done both it's way better then palm trees and beach. I've explored most of the Caribbean. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

March and April are my least favorite months. It's usually too cold to do much outside unless March 2012 and too warm for snow most of the time after 3rd week of March. June-August are my favorite months, followed by Nov-Jan. (Lake effect Season) 

sorry I should have said enjoy from a weather standpoint. The first big storms of the upcoming winter start showing up on the models in October and March has some notoriously bad storms up here and severe in the south. 

1 minute ago, mississaugasnow said:

sorry I should have said enjoy from a weather standpoint. The first big storms of the upcoming winter start showing up on the models in October and March has some notoriously bad storms up here and severe in the south. 

Yeah October is a good month too, Leaves changing, Bills playing and Lake effect season about to start. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Whoever started this thread needs to be banned from these forums. He is definitely cursed. Back to back "major" synoptic snow events. What was he smokin? 

He should start a thread “Hottest Summer in a Generation “ so I can enjoy this summer and not spend a fortune on air conditioning. 

• Like 1