• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Yeah, I have been. Maybe an inch of new fluff this evening?

Its once again re orientating itself and there seems to be 2 bands competing for the same wind flow, lol, one up by Oswego which heads east over Mexico and then SE from there and then theres the one affecting us down here so hopefully they can combine to form one consolidated band, who knows though!

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Its once again re orientating itself and there seems to be 2 bands competing for the same wind flow, lol, one up by Oswego which heads east over Mexico and then SE from there and then theres the one affecting us down here so hopefully they can combine to form one consolidated band, who knows though!

It looks to me like the southern band is becoming dominant. That’s the one giving Revracer his snow. 

10 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Now that the band is taking shape, snow is lightening up here.  I wonder why that always happens...as the band forms, it "steals" away any moisture that is fanned out around it.

LEK can correct me but as the band organizes it “tightens” up. Also as the circulation in the band strengthens there is subsidence on the edges which squashes precipitation. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

It looks to me like the southern band is becoming dominant. That’s the one giving Revracer his snow. 

I think ur right as the one above looks like its not firing anymore as it makes its approach but the other continues to fire noicely!

1 minute ago, CNY_WX said:

LEK can correct me but as the band organizes it “tightens” up. Also as the circulation in the band strengthens there is subsidence on the edges which squashes precipitation. 

No need for correction, ur right ;)!

• Like 1

Glad LES can make up for the shit show yesterday!  Still stuck in PA amd have o drive back to BVille tomorrow and out to Buffalo till Friday.  With my luck, I am gonja get screwed!

I almost got in a fight at a f***ing indoor water park over this winter with some jackass that said he knew it was a bust days ago.  I fly off the cuff and appreciate everyone here with the time to post maps, the time to breakdown own opinions.  Forever grateful and thank you to all the studs that keep stirring the sh** and putting in the effort!  

Best forum, hands down, willing to do bare buckle with anyone who says otherwise.  A couple guys in MA forum, I would pay to do the honors.jk..not really though...but...

I studied meteorology in college when I wasn’t destroying my brain with football.  I will never forget not going to class and had a final project to do with isotherms and isobars- nailed it and prof have me a D+ because I never actually went to class.  His exact words were “if you actually came to class, you would have gotten a B+ and I argued that if I did, in fact, go to class, it would have been an A+...he still disagreed.

drunk ramble over and time to get some sleep- I know I am a joke on here but truly appreciate y’all.

KB

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Glad LES can make up for the shit show yesterday!  Still stuck in PA amd have o drive back to BVille tomorrow and out to Buffalo till Friday.  With my luck, I am gonja get screwed!

I almost got in a fight at a f***ing indoor water park over this winter with some jackass that said he knew it was a bust days ago.  I fly off the cuff and appreciate everyone here with the time to post maps, the time to breakdown own opinions.  Forever grateful and thank you to all the studs that keep stirring the sh** and putting in the effort!  

Best forum, hands down, willing to do bare buckle with anyone who says otherwise.  A couple guys in MA forum, I would pay to do the honors.jk..not really though...but...

I studied meteorology in college when I wasn’t destroying my brain with football.  I will never forget not going to class and had a final project to do with isotherms and isobars- nailed it and prof have me a D+ because I never actually went to class.  His exact words were “if you actually came to class, you would have gotten a B+ and I argued that is I did go to class, it would have been an A+...he still disagreed.

drunk ramble over and time to get some sleep- I know I am a joke on here but truly appreciate y’all.

KB

Was it Kalahandra by any chance on rt381?

About an inch here as we flirt with the southern edge of the lake band, which still looks disorganized.  It may come together yet but its tricky on these WNW setups.  My $ would be on just a bit north of me, similar to the 12/29 WNW event...and I'm  almost on the border with Oswego cty. 

Just now, Syrmax said:

About an inch here as we flirt with the southern edge of the lake band, which still looks disorganized.  It may come together yet but its tricky on these WNW setups.  My $ would be on just a bit north of me, similar to the 12/29 WNW event...and I'm  almost on the border with Oswego cty. 

That's pretty much exactly what I said an hour ago.

47 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

18z Euro and EPS continued the trend in the wrong direction and are drying up like a desert.

What are the odds this WSW ends up disappearing like a fart in the wind without even a WWA?

Personally, I'll give a rats azz about NWP output for the next system after the 12Z runs tomorrow, and more likely the following 00Z Thurs runs.  There's been almost no value in any of these model runs up until 24 hrs ahead of time this season.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Personally, I'll give a rats azz about NWP output for the next system after the 12Z runs tomorrow, and more likely the following 00Z Thurs runs.  There's been almost no value in any of these model runs up until 24 hrs ahead of time this season.  

Yep. T-24 only thing of value

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Now the band is lifting  north. These bands always want to lift north.

Oh well..00Z runs seem to show it sweeping through here later. We'll see.

Looking at the west end of the lake, the band is sinking onshore. I think we will lose most of this soon.  Not sure if it will reorient later overnight, probably needs some sort of short wave passing thru to do that.  

LEK gave a good lesson on band orientation on the east end of the lake years ago.  I think frictional effects and the orientation of the southern shoreline combine to play a role in tending to keep lake bands a bit north of here as they roll off the east end of the lake.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Yeah, IdK about it being similar to that event, unless ur talking about your area, as I picked up c;lose to 14", but if it ever gets its act together and stays over one location then it would perhaps, lol!