Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 11-12 winter storm

LVblizzard

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Speaking of snow mounds, the most epic Kamu snowpile exists in the Modell's/Shoprite lot on Street Rd in Warminster. Easily 15 feet high and 25 feet long. It looks like they took most of the snow in that huge lot and just piled into one huge mountain. That will be there til May easily.

Niiiiiice...lol

25 minutes ago, NJHurricane said:

Eyeball probably passing 3 here, and still hanging on to snow...National Park NJ across from PHL.  Noticing some very light returns filling in a bit west of me too, wondering if we can add a little back end pixie dust into the morning.

Supposedly mantua has about 4 according to NWS

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, famartin said:

3.4" in Ewing. Certainly more than I expected before looking at yesterday's guidance. Here in NoVA we got 0.5", which is less than I expected before looking at yesterday's guidance. This is your winter, guys. We're getting ripped off repeatedly down here in DC.

The old "We Are Due" index was high. That index in DC region is off the charts. When they do finally get it, the results will be worth the wait. 

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Speaking of snow mounds, the most epic Kamu snowpile exists in the Modell's/Shoprite lot on Street Rd in Warminster. Easily 15 feet high and 25 feet long. It looks like they took most of the snow in that huge lot and just piled into one huge mountain. That will be there til May easily.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I took/take my father to that Shoprite occasionally after a storm and they do make a huge snow pile....

26F / cloudy / Approx 2-2.5"

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I took/take my father to that Shoprite occasionally after a storm and they do make a huge snow pile....

26F / cloudy / Approx 2-2.5"

I wonder if the landscape contractor was instructed to do this specifically or if he is just a die-hard weenie. Maybe it's @KamuSnow himself? Hmmm

• Haha 1

Just now, KamuSnow said:

Just saw a huge flock of Canadian geese heading south, for the second time in 3 days. Guess food is getting scarce up this way. Think my ewe bushes are going to get an early trim by the deer as well, lol.

Hopefully they keep flocking right to South America.  Good riddance.  lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Phoenixville giant shopping center must be under the same contractor.  That single pile has been massive since December.  

Speaking of geese, there was a flock of white snow geese that flew overhead during the Feb 7th event.  Really cool, I was shoveling and heard them before I could see them.  They seemingly appeared out of thin air as rates were at an inch an hour at that time so viz was low.  

Seems like 1.5-2" here in royersford, maybe a few tenths more a bit south back home in Charlestown/Pville.  

• Like 1

About 3" here in Moorestown and currently sitting at roughly 22" for the season. Now at 11 straight days of snow cover which is easily the most consecutive days since I lived in the nothern DC burbs back during 2010 snowmageddon (probably more days than the 2016 storm too though I'd have to look back).

• Weenie 1

5 hours ago, famartin said:

3.4" in Ewing. Certainly more than I expected before looking at yesterday's guidance. Here in NoVA we got 0.5", which is less than I expected before looking at yesterday's guidance. This is your winter, guys. We're getting ripped off repeatedly down here in DC.

0.28" melted out of the 3.4" snow.

41 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Updated snow pile pic, it's not a lot higher (6.5 ft.), but it's becoming more massive.

We're getting good at this, 1st time with everything all cleaned up and a kettle fire for a reward, all in the same day!

0211211613a_HDR_copy_1200x1600.thumb.jpg.5b43550295a668e3cc19943e671a239d.jpg

0211211730_copy_1200x1600.thumb.jpg.67abd924f5de4594a67f98b1a614013c.jpg

Do you ever mist it lightly on a cold night to get a small crust on there to try and extend the life?

• Weenie 1

39 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Do you ever mist it lightly on a cold night to get a small crust on there to try and extend the life?

No, although I did cover it with a tarp once during a warm rain a few years back.

Winters like this are the best, where you can keep adding to it, while it does some settling etc. in between. I'm not sure but I think this month so far is the best snow pile stretch since 2013-2014. And it's only been a week and a half, lol. Hope there's more to come!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

No, although I did cover it with a tarp once during a warm rain a few years back.

Winters like this are the best, where you can keep adding to it, while it does some settling etc. in between. I'm not sure but I think this month so far is the best snow pile stretch since 2013-2014. And it's only been a week and a half, lol. Hope there's more to come!

I think I remember you posting that...  What an all time great play in weenie history :lol::weenie::snowman:

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Updated snow pile pic, it's not a lot higher (6.5 ft.), but it's becoming more massive.

We're getting good at this, 1st time with everything all cleaned up and a kettle fire for a reward, all in the same day!

0211211613a_HDR_copy_1200x1600.thumb.jpg.5b43550295a668e3cc19943e671a239d.jpg

0211211730_copy_1200x1600.thumb.jpg.67abd924f5de4594a67f98b1a614013c.jpg

Nice to see your snow pile is growing. The sleet/frz rain Sat night will be the perfect jacket for longevity .

And along with your kettle fire you should add Ketel one. You don't even need a freezer for ice cold vodka, just jam it in the snow. Good times... 

ketel.jpg

• Weenie 1