• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major LES Events- Feb 5-?

What an appropriate end to a sorry lake season off Erie that IMBY grades out to a D instead of an F solely because of the one double-barreled event after Christmas that put down a little less than 15” over three days and barely verified the warning criteria. KBUF is just under 4 ft on the year, about half of which came from doing well over the few days after Christmas. By mostly missing out on that solid event, points north of the airport are well under 3 ft. Without getting lucky with synoptic, this will be a bottom 10 season for much of the metro, and may even be close to bottom 10 for the official station.

I’m going to toss this season and spend this morning ordering seeds for my vegetable garden. 

6D2FE92B-06F2-4084-BE8D-57BC0071B966.png

E33CF7C2-BDC6-4320-BD7E-6A55D2DDDA9A.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

This is the best I’ve done from an Erie band in a long time. I’m trying to see my snowboard out the window (too lazy to get out of bed yet) and it looks like I have almost 6 new inches of fluff with huge flakes still coming!!  

Delta you really get that much. Be interested in you total at end of event

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WNash said:

What an appropriate end to a sorry lake season off Erie that IMBY grades out to a D instead of an F solely because of the one double-barreled event after Christmas that put down a little less than 15” over three days and barely verified the warning criteria. KBUF is just under 4 ft on the year, about half of which came from doing well over the few days after Christmas. By mostly missing out on that solid event, points north of the airport are well under 3 ft. Without getting lucky with synoptic, this will be a bottom 10 season for much of the metro, and may even be close to bottom 10 for the official station.

I’m going to toss this season and spend this morning ordering seeds for my vegetable garden. 

6D2FE92B-06F2-4084-BE8D-57BC0071B966.png

E33CF7C2-BDC6-4320-BD7E-6A55D2DDDA9A.png

Seems like a common theme bro whenever we get these SW type events either high winds tear them apart or we get stuck on a transition zone.. long gone are those events where we get a decent band that stays put for 12hr+ and dumps snow.:gun_bandana:

• Sad 1

I shouldn’t have made that first post but I did mention I was looking at the stake from the bedroom window with sleepy eyes. Lol.  I will take an average of a few places where I know it was bare yesterday.  My wife just drove into the city and said there were vastly varying amounts of snow between gates and roc which is typical. The band is always dying quickly out this way. my position a couple miles west of the airport might produce a noticeable difference.