• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gonglee
    Newest Member
    gonglee

Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

3 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

A review of the latest HRRR (16Z) says that approximately 2" more is yet to come for all of us.  However, it doesn't restart until about 6:00pm this evening and it's over with around 2:00am tomorrow.  If I can double my storm total from thus far, it'll be a minor victory.  Currently the temperature isn't going anywhere even though the skies did brighten considerably for a time 30 minutes ago.  They've darkened back up again now.  Temp is 25.2 degrees.

Its been modelled as a 2 part storm for a while.  I think because of the dryslot/lul, many are already calling bust, but like you...if I can get another 1-2" on top of the mornings 4", its well within the scope of my expectations.  After dinner tonight....weenies will back in here model/radar watchin to see what they can score......It's our crack.

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Poconos travel update:  222 in Lancaster was fine but in Berks Co it remains untouched. Multiple vehicles off the road. Precip has stopped.  Onward. 

Safe travels. Thanks for the update. 

Harrisburg and Cumberland seem to be the worst areas for this storm, us up north and west weren’t expecting much and Lancaster peeps got 4 to 6 ish it sounds like. Harrisburg got about two inches despite having the winter storm warning.

14 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Are we waiting for the moisture in central Tennessee?    

sorta.......

Weenies wait for ANY moisture capable of being converted to snowflakes.  Were not picky like that......hehe

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

He's due east of me about 10 miles. I'm off 97 north roughly 1.5 miles from the Pa line 

So you’re just outside of Littlestown.  Nice.  I thought you were over toward Manchester more 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, paweather said:

Yes that should be coming our way with the coastal. 

Radar seems to be done w/ lunch break and is firing back up.  I'd not expect widespread snows, but bands of light (as per meso's).  Whoever gets under them, looks to get 1-2" topper.  

I got 1.5" from this storm so far. About what I have been cleaning up about 3 times a week lately.

This weeks 2 storms have been kind of a disappointment.

7 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Mid levels torched so unless we get some decent lift it will be sleet and freezing rain.

Looks like a couple more hours till winds shift and coastal pops (small green blob), so yeah here is the taint part (unless some decent rates can cool column a bit.

hrrr_mslp_uv850_neus_2.png

I’m in Fairfield plowing and it’s freezing rain 

My old neck of the woods. Went to Dover High School.

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

Even the EURO now brings back coastal snow. 

** EURO also colder for Monday compared to the GFS. 

Euro's Monday snow is quite hardy.  Several inches for much of PA.