• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Synoptic Snowstorm 2/1-2/4

6 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

That damn radar keeps drying up. Best moisture seems to be west of Rochester now. Most frustrating storm ever

Coastal transfers simply do not work for WNY.  The sooner you accept this the easier it becomes.  I give you credit though, you held out hope longer than most. Respect. 

• Like 1

All my concerns with every event this winter have come true. Even the banding trying to move into Onondaga continues to get shredded by, I'm assuming, downsloping right from the higher elevations of Lewis county. Smack another 4 incher into the synoptic books and move on.

The models aren't really showing the Lake enhanced precip building in until more like tonight. I think BUF is way too early in their thinking, but perhaps they wanted to put it out there "just in case" something develops. But, like Delta said, it's pretty evident from looking at a radar that this is a mess with dry air throughout.

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Coastal transfers simply do not work for WNY.  The sooner you accept this the easier it becomes.  I give you credit though, you held out hope longer than most. Respect. 

I’m still not throwing in the towel but Jesus  it looked good just a couple hours ago. With Watertown getting heavy snow (that’s our feed!). But if it turns out the way it looks like it might, it’ll be your win Delta. Well, not really a win but you know- a big feather in your cap. You never bought in. Boy was I sold. 
If the radar doesn’t fill in an hour- I’m giving up. 
I’ll never get these 4 days back:P

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

I’m still not throwing in the towel but Jesus  it looked good just a couple hours ago. With Watertown getting heavy snow (that’s our feed!). But if it turns out the way it looks like it might, it’ll be your win Delta. Well, not really a win but you know- a big feather in your cap. You never bought in. Boy was I sold. 
If the radar doesn’t fill in an hour- I’m giving up. 
I’ll never get these 4 days back:P

There's always next week's fantasy storm to track. And the W/WSW Flow event to spectate.  

26 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Dude let it play out. NWS is saying 7 inches possible.  I respect your opinion obviously but shouldn't we listen to the people at NWS?

12 minutes ago, SnowLover22 said:

Dude let it play out. NWS is saying 7 inches possible.  I respect your opinion obviously but shouldn't we listen to the people at NWS?

You can listen to them all you want. I’m not stopping you. We are discussing our opinions on the storm in here.  I’m not putting out forecasts or telling people how live their lives. 

• Like 1