Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

Ralph Wiggum

4 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Sleet already changing back to parachutes here in Hopewell as the heavier banding begins to move in. Radar looks great for every Philly North imo

That's good to hear, I'm hoping it's the same case once it gets back this way

I think this is panning out exactly how models dictated, namely the GFS. Mixing was always going to come right up into Philadelphia, it was so weird that many people and the local news ignored that. Anyways, maybe 3" total one mile from PHL, some sort of sleet precip falling. Some of the crazier numbers of 8-16 were never going to happen here, was kind of weird NWS would say that. Probably still a 4-8 or 5-10 situation which is still significant.

• Weenie 3

Just now, hurricane1091 said:

I think this is panning out exactly how models dictated, namely the GFS. Mixing was always going to come right up into Philadelphia, it was so weird that many people and the local news ignored that. Anyways, maybe 3" total one mile from PHL, some sort of sleet precip falling. Some of the crazier numbers of 8-16 were never going to happen here, was kind of weird NWS would say that. Probably still a 4-8 or 5-10 situation which is still significant.

8-16 is still in the ballpark for a lot of people. we still have more than 24 hours to go until this is all done

• Like 2

1 minute ago, B Dawk 20 said:

8-16 is still in the ballpark for a lot of people. we still have more than 24 hours to go until this is all done

I'm only referring to SNJ. Sorry for the confusion!

Stay safe on the roads anyone who has to deal with the afternoon commute. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere today.

2 minutes ago, hurricane1091 said:

Sounds like a premature statement to me.. let it play out