Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

Ralph Wiggum

4 minutes ago, NJDevs29 said:

Hrrr still showing an additional 2-4” coming around the Philly metro area.. wow

I’m seeing 5-6 for the 130 corridor on the hrrr. A lot of the on air Mets seem to be just saying snow showers tomorrow but the banding on the hi res models looks very good for SNJ. Honestly think some people may be caught off guard tomorrow especially if there’s a lull early morning

2 minutes ago, chrisl said:

I’m seeing 5-6 for the 130 corridor on the hrrr. A lot of the on air Mets seem to be just saying snow showers tomorrow but the banding on the hi res models looks very good for SNJ. Honestly think some people may be caught off guard tomorrow especially if there’s a lull early morning

Yupp, sign me up 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, RedSky said:

18" 8pm

light snow and a dry slot currently

I was watching radar for my sister north of Royersford today and while she was getting absolutely blasted with sleet, I noticed you guys were getting clocked with snow. That mix line was stationary for hours and she was just getting pounded with ice pellets. She had 5.1 of pure sleet. She's over 11" now for snow/sleet storm total. She's gonna need some Tylenol tomorrow shoveling that cement lol

Great storm for you guys in here! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChasingFlakes said:

3.6" since switch back to snow.  8.8" storm total as of 7:25pm.  1.4" in the past hour, best rates so far.  Just south of Phoenixville.

5.0" since switch to snow.  10.2" storm total as of 9pm. Averaging close to an inch an hour the past few hours.  Cleared the board.  

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

12k NAM for tonight and thru tomorrow evening. Still some light stuff over parts of Eastern PA occurring during this frame. I mean, those additional totals alone are a nice winter storm for most of us that we would be tracking for days. Most models like the additional accums. We take. 

namconus_asnow_neus_10.png

Matches hrrr well surprisingly 

21 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I was watching radar for my sister north of Royersford today and while she was getting absolutely blasted with sleet, I noticed you guys were getting clocked with snow. That mix line was stationary for hours and she was just getting pounded with ice pellets. She had 5.1 of pure sleet. She's over 11" now for snow/sleet storm total. She's gonna need some Tylenol tomorrow shoveling that cement lol

Great storm for you guys in here! 

Thanks for stopping by! I got similar to your sister - I would say 9 to 10” in Upper Providence here. Yes, that sleet was frustrating. 

• Like 1

Finally some good fluff in the last hour... last time going out tonight. Up to 10" now on the storm.. hopefully the snows being advertised tomorrow come to fruition and we can salvage this event(anything under a foot was a fail in my eyes). Hoping we get up to a foot but I'm always skeptical of light day time snows 

3 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

Thanks for stopping by! I got similar to your sister - I would say 9 to 10” in Upper Providence here. Yes, that sleet was frustrating. 

She was a bit buzzkilled from the duration of the sleet (I told her it was inevitable) but she couldn't believe how long and quick it was accumulating. She couldn't believe how much fell when she finally measured it haha 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LVwxHistorian said:

Stop posting you're crappy garbage totals - this place is for the big boys only - i.e. the Lehigh Valley!! Lol

Even Poconos don't qualify this time!!!   We win!!!!!

:P

Looks to be about 16 " so far  near Lake Harmony.  Fine steady snow since Sunday  9 am .Did not get any of the heavy bands that  Lehigh Valley, Upper Bucks/Montco and North Jersey got . Hasnt stopped for a second though, still snowing. Chance to  top  20" .  

Just now, mattinpa said:

i know exactly how you feel. For so many years, the LV was getting all sleet storm after storm while 20 miles to the north in Carbon county was getting blasted by heavy snow.  It feels good tonight  see the snow rather than shoveling that sleet. The 2007 LV Valentines Day sleet fest of nearly 11 inches of pure sleet was enough for me. That crap froze like an iceberg for weeks.

• Like 1