• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB

Jan 24-26th Something Potential

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Gotta say, this is probably the most subdued I've ever been after having a Euro run drop 18" imby less than 5 days out.  Just too much time for shifting.  The good news on the macroscale is that time is starting to run out for this to turn into a complete dud everywhere.  Very likely going to be pretty big somewhere, just a matter of where.

I feel the same way man. Although that slight shift south on the EURO has me concerned from what has happened in the past. Good news though the Euro ENS MEAN Looks to hold 

40 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Usual 10:1 caveats apply. 

sn10_acc.us_mw.png

A little wobble back north would be appreciated 

• Like 1

12z EPS now centered from QCA to Chicago metro roughly. Lots of good hits on the members, would like to get rid of the remaining duds. I'm busy getting the forecast out so don't have time to post images today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

12z EPS Mean...

DCEBE8E9-509F-496B-A647-1592B11EC23C.thumb.png.7fc1f61eaf5985cbb1ed35181042c16e.png

Must have quite a spread in individual members with the mean struggling to have a band over 6"

Just now, Hoosier said:

Must have quite a spread in individual members with the mean struggling to have a band over 6"

The MSLP spread remains large

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-east-mslp_member_contours-1611230400-1611576000-1611662400-40.thumb.gif.b6c7b301aa249e921edb47d93295aeb2.gif

2 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:
drying trend is no bueno

Not really a drying trend. Mostly due to a bit more spread.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

BB81EC31-90C0-4D7A-B7A7-528D247F31AC.thumb.png.578d9b1a5b69fc96b00f0f6ac41ee9f6.png
D59BAADF-8DCF-4106-BAD6-1126753F033D.thumb.png.1ed6936546c2a8ca5c2d47d063f96e47.png

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

Southern lake still upper 30s to near 40 at shore, if track ends up working out favorably this really keeps the ceiling quite high, iirc enhancement was a big part of why ghd2 went 20+ imby

One of the sources I use has lake temp of 46 out a mid-lake.  Hard to believe it could still be that warm out at mid-lake even with the mild winter it has been, but if that's correct, then lake enhancement will play a major role.  Even if mid lake is in the low 40s, that is still sufficient for a significant lake contribution.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosier said:

One of the sources I use has lake temp of 46 out a mid-lake.  Hard to believe it could still be that warm out at mid-lake even with the mild winter it has been, but if that's correct, then lake enhancement will play a major role.  Even if mid lake is in the low 40s, that is still sufficient for a significant lake contribution.

no way is 46 correct but yeah, it's warm for the time of year

14 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

12z EPS now centered from QCA to Chicago metro roughly. Lots of good hits on the members, would like to get rid of the remaining duds. I'm busy getting the forecast out so don't have time to post images today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You say that almost as if you have a real job in weather or something and don't just do this as a hobby :p

• Like 1

MSU remote sensing suggests 42 is the mid-lake max. Probably more reasonable.

Just for a point of reference.

bamwx should fold.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

I believe the Euro is too far north. That blocking is going to be heard from 

I thought you gave up on this 2 hours ago for Indy. Now you're in for Indy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, Indy probably isn't happening. The GEFS are all over the place. A couple really jacked up runs, a few GFS like runs bumped north/better organized. Many with almost nothing for the region...........

14 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Just for a point of reference.

I actually did follow these guys for a bit. Problem is they don't really provide a uniform forecast rather a variety of forecasts and than hype themselves as correct if one of their six scenarios pan out.  Worse, they inundate social media with these various mets who push these conflicting/contradicting scenarios. Most of it geared I suspect to give the impression of accuracy and   lure unwitting energy traders/clients.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Again, the euro h7 track argues for some mid level magic.  Based on the 12Z run today I would jackpot southern WI along the state line with IL.  QPF queening won’t tell the whole story.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Baum said:

I actually did follow these guys for a bit. Problem is they don't really provide a uniform forecast rather a variety of forecasts and than hype themselves as correct if one of their six scenarios pan out.  Worse, they inundate social media with these various mets who push these conflicting/contradicting scenarios. Most of it geared I suspect to give the impression of accuracy and   lure unwitting energy traders/clients.

They've been quackier than a duck farm for ages.

• Haha 11

1 minute ago, A-L-E-K said:

unapologetic 

It's a very NE forum thing. Us Midwesterners are a bit more polite. Except for me and you. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mimillman said:

It's a very NE forum thing. Us Midwesterners are a bit more polite. Except for me and you. 

Lol.   CT Rain started that probably 6-7 years ago.  Drivers here have devolved to Boston level..

• Like 1