• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Eve/Christmas 2020 Arctic Express Snow Obs.

John1122

57 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

That appears to be heading my way at least scraping by me, I'm looking forward to that one been watching it since Nashville. What sucks for me is it will disappear from OHX radar soon and there is a hole when it comes to snow like that over Roane northen Rhea and northern Meigs that is hard to see. I need to switch between OHX, MRX, and Hytop to follow snow through my neck of the woods.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah there is a constant hole any time it snows over my house lol. You have to look outside to see it and I don't have a street light so it's hard to tell sometimes.

Final Snowfall Total for the synoptic snow and Christmas Eve as a whole is roughly 3.8". It's been a fun lead up and I'm glad I was able to participate and contribute to this storms forecast and obs threads. If significant NW flow snow happens I'll be sure to give yall an update. Until then Merry Christmas and Goodnight!
SNER-16.jpg
SNER-15.jpg
SNER-14.jpg
SNER-13.jpg
SNER-12.jpg
SNER-11.jpg
SNER-10.jpg
SNER-9.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Save the itchy algae! said:

You’re close to where I live in Farragut apparently. I’m stuck at work in Powell, did that snow accumulate on the road or just elevated surfaces and grass?

I would assume that accumulated on everything.  My measurement was taken on my deck, but my road is a sheet of ice with snow on top as well.  

• Like 1

4 inches exactly this A.M. 

No model got it exactly right. But blending the Canadian/RGem and Euro/GFS and meeting in the middle was about right imby. The HRRR probably got it a few times but with it running every hour it was bound to eventually. 

I'd guess the RGEM was spot on for the Central eastern Valley but too high the further West you went. 

• Like 5

Ended up with 3.5” here. Not as high as some models had but very close to what I was expecting. Just a beautiful event that we will remember for a long time. Such a dynamic system at the perfect time of year. Merry Christmas everyone! I hope this snowfall could help ease the pain of a horrible year.

• Like 8

5.1" Total here. Rgem best. GFS worst as far as at short range for Lee County once again.

Don't know what they did to the GFS that last upgrade but, it consistently underforecasts Snowfall and precip in general for this area...could be bad data from the area having been fed n2 it. Couple sites notorious for that in Lee County. Could be overemphasizing downsloping. 

20201225_101001.jpg

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Daniel Boone said:

5.1" Total here. Rgem best. GFS worst as far as at short range for Lee County once again.

Don't know what they did to the GFS that last upgrade but, it consistently underforecasts Snowfall and precip in general for this area...could be bad data from the area having been fed n2 it. Couple sites notorious for that in Lee County. Could be overemphasizing downsloping. 

20201225_101001.jpg

If I remember correctly CMC was also the first to show the backside streamers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Daniel Boone said:

20201225_101001.jpg

That’s awesome!!  5.1 is a good haul

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic