• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

6 hours ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Yeah well the 3K, WRF and the HRRR were all dead wrong, lol!

Yeah Hi rez Canadian did the best..

Both Canadian models were in the ball park but a little too far north at first, band also hung up a lot longer than modelled which the NWS alluded to the possibility..

hrdps_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_23 (1).png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah Hi rez Canadian did the best..

Both Canadian models were in the ball park but a little too far north at first, band also hung up a lot longer than modelled which the NWS alluded to the possibility..

hrdps_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_23 (1).png

Been loving the Canadian products. RGEM and HRDPS have always been great tools. LES AND synoptic. 

• Like 1

90D76ACC-A43B-4F14-BAFB-61F36697CF11.jpeg.8eece073191f170c3e2f60f48456bec3.jpeg

I just came in from snowblowing my driveway. My final “official “ measurement was 13.2 inches of snow. The snow filled my measuring tube and was overflowing the top of the cylinder. I was going to measure any snow that was in the extension of the cylinder but while I was carrying it into the house the snow above the tube fell off. The snow that remained in the tube melted down to 0.48 inch. That would produce a ratio of over 25:1 so I don’t think it’s accurate. 

Here’s a picture I took while I was clearing the driveway. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

90D76ACC-A43B-4F14-BAFB-61F36697CF11.jpeg.8eece073191f170c3e2f60f48456bec3.jpeg

I just came in from snowblowing my driveway. My final “official “ measurement was 13.2 inches of snow. The snow filled my measuring tube and was overflowing the top of the cylinder. I was going to measure any snow that was in the extension of the cylinder but while I was carrying it into the house the snow above the tube fell off. The snow that remained in the tube melted down to 0.48 inch. That would produce a ratio of over 25:1 so I don’t think it’s accurate. 

I knew that band looked good last night. Had to be some 3"+ per hour rates in there and it wasn't really moving much. Congrats Central NY Guys, lake effect is the best!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Amazing that you and LES are just a bit north in latitude  and basically had 2x my snowfall.  I've seen this sort of setup happen before though.

One option you have for the lost snowfall is to do a 'core' sample. Take the collection cylinder (the big one, not the inner graduated cylinder) and insert it into the snow, pushing down to the surface underneath. Then carefully upright it and melt the snow in the cylinder as per normal.  

Might of been the best 9-10 hrs of the past 5-6 winters except for 14-15 of course but it was exceptionally just a perfect set up as I will study what actually happened with this band as it just sat over me for hrs and hrs as I haven't seen it do for yrs and yrs with temps dropping as the center of the band came over head and just stalled, WOW. In the middle of the band, winds went calm almost as though u were in the center of a hurricane where,I'd imagine winds just drop off after ur affected by the inner wall, same kind of thing here happened. Then it just poured, and I mean poured for hrs at ann avg rate of 2"/he at times flirting with 3-4"at special times as I was under yellow returns for a long time. All of the neighbors house's were gone as they all live about an 1/8 of a mile from me and the fog was thick as well, just a fantastic winter night!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2