• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The low is down near Ocean City, but we are in such a putrid air mass it is barely snow in NY. Lol

Lakes region sucks if you like cold lol

Probably would be non accumulating snow with temps in the low-mid 30s..Rest of the state is below freezing verbatim..

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

p120i (1).gif

if only there was a decently cold airmass around then we'd be in business but its old stale modified arctic leftover air which isn't all that deep by the looks of it by the time it gets here as the return flow from the Atl HP starts to pump warm air relatively speaking our way. it would be a decent overrunning event too!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

It doesn't seem there is much of a clean way to get out of this crappy winter situation we are in.  It may be another winter where we hope to "just" make it to something lining up. Snowpack will not last long. Another 11-12, 19-20 winter?

Massive  block on the euro

Great pattern if we get the epo and pna to cooperate 

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Massive  block on the euro

Great pattern if we get the epo and pna to cooperate 

Yeah, I was reading about that on some of the other subforums. Getting indices to cooperate lately has been...well, we know.

I'd prefer we get winter sooner than later...a solid blast from Mid-January to at least mid-February would be nice. Once we get past mid-February, the sun starts taking a bigger toll on snowpack...but we can still get hammered! A couple of late bloomer winters have had solid snowpacks through almost all of March.

Many Winter forecasts called for December to be our best month and February to be our worst. Well, December obviously didn't work out (lol) so hopefully it will be a reversal. It's been more like an El Nino than a La Nina.

Looks beautiful outside the window from this early morning's snowfall. I look forward to going on my Jebwalk tonight and enjoying the wintry day that today has served.

• Like 1

I don’t know about this “massive” block but the operational Euro shows all the true arctic air retreating above the Arctic Circle by hour 240. All we’re left with as Freak said is old stale modified arctic air. We’re lucky if it supports temperatures in the 30s. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I don’t know about this “massive” block but the operational Euro shows all the true arctic air retreating above the Arctic Circle by hour 240. All we’re left with as Freak said is old stale modified arctic air. We’re lucky if it supports temperatures in the 30s. 

There is a massive block.  The problem is the epo.

1 minute ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Nor sticking up for any but you’re showing January 7th. The cold dump is more likely the following week. Lots of chatter everywhere about this...a little pain now and the 4 to 6 weeks after will be better.

Agreed but anything beyond 10-14 days is highly inaccurate. GEFS at very end of run still showing above normal, but more manageable. No LES for 2-3 weeks. Really only thing I care about.

image.thumb.png.cf5db1b360fff5764c162371a35e9056.png

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Agreed but anything beyond 10-14 days is highly inaccurate. GEFS at very end of run still showing above normal, but more manageable. No LES for 2-3 weeks. Really only thing I care about.

image.thumb.png.cf5db1b360fff5764c162371a35e9056.png

I agree about the inaccuracies of forecasting anything beyond 5 days honestly but the forecast for the MMW is actually beginning to happen, in about a weeks time it will couple with the troposphere and then we’ll know more. This isn’t a matter of if but when. In fact the link I copied earlier today from Eric Webb actually referenced ‘09-‘10 as an analog.

1 minute ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I agree about the inaccuracies of forecasting anything beyond 5 days honestly but the forecast for the MMW is actually beginning to happen, in about a weeks time it will couple with the troposphere and then we’ll know more. This isn’t a matter of if but when. In fact the link I copied earlier today from Eric Webb actually referenced ‘09-‘10 as an analog.

2009-2010 was a pretty bad winter here. Only a Trace for all for March and 13" in Feb. We're already punting first 2 weeks of January.

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

2009-2010 was a pretty bad winter here. Only a Trace for all for March and 13" in Feb. We're already punting first 2 weeks of January.

Well that is because we were ridiculously cold and everything went east, but I would think at the beginning of it we could score some heavy lake effect events before the storm track goes south and East 

7 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Well that is because we were ridiculously cold and everything went east, but I would think at the beginning of it we could score some heavy lake effect events before the storm track goes south and East 

Yeah that's my worry, sometimes be careful what you wish for or it will be congrats DC lol

• Like 1