• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Since I took that pic, it has snowed another 2-3" easy, lol, thats how hard its been falling and like I said with virtually now wind!

The heaviest snow always occur on the North side of a band when it's moving South and on the South side of the band when it's moving North.  So you should finish strong!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

Syrmax and CNY are going to wake up to quite a surprise this morning.

Our little dog woke up early this morning to go to the bathroom. My wife took her out and after a minute the dog jumped back on the bed.  I said what’s going on and she said there’s a foot or two of snow out there.  She shoveled a path off our deck and I had to carry the dog out but she at least peed.  I went to bed about 1 and there wasn’t even an inch but the band was starting to organize on radar.  I’ll get a measurement at 7. It looks like the band is moving southward so I’ll be out of it soon. I put channel 9’s news on and they report a bad tractor trailer crash on 81 at Bartel Rd.  81 is closed.

edit: That should read 81 northbound is closed. 

• Like 1

The snowfall rates, along with the fluff factor, are amazing in this band! In a half hour, I am already pushing 3 inches!!! Just went for a Jebwalk. It was amazing.

This is by far the best lake effect band I have experienced in my 3 winters here (shows how lame the LES was in S. Redfield the winter I was there.)

I could end up with 5 inches by 6!!!!!!

• Like 2

Thats my zero turn mower, oops, lol, but it's practically covered, lol! This has to be one of the best bands I've experienced in at least 10 yrs as far as intensity goes as well as longevity so congrats, finally to CNY, MAX and I as we finally cashed in big time for once! After I take a measurement at 7, I'll have to take a nap cause I've been up all night tracking this beast and it finally paid off! Max will wake and say he got 3" watch, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

Rates must have been close to 3”/hr. between 1-5 because like I said there was less than an inch when I went to bed about 12:45. 

Same here, basically just a covering o.g. at around midnight. The south flank of the band had been flirting with my location by that time.