• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16/17 Snow Wall Obs Thread

hazwoper

Just back from a walk in the white and the holiday lights. We're over 3 inches but I don't think up to 4 yet. Regardless, that's more than I guessed we would get before the changeover, and it's still coming down pretty heavily. Just as I was coming inside I started hearing the pitter-patter of little sleet, so the mix line may not hold off for much longer. Thanks for the inspiration, Jeb!

According to the clicking sounds on the windows, Haddonfield, NJ has switched over to sleet.

I just ran outside and measured 5.25" of snow on the picnic table. Much better than I was expecting after my hopes and dreams were destroyed by the shifting forecast.
(I still reserve the right to be crabby when it all gets washed away by rain, though.)

• Like 1

I opened my back door to peep out and almost got knocked out by the dinnerplate flakes. :huh: :lol:  Have officially surpassed my 2019/2020 season totals and am at 4.5" and rising.  The temp is still holding at 28 with dp now 28 (28.0/27.5), with vis still < 1/4 mile and SN+ with fog.  The pink blob continues to move to the NE.

kdix_20201216_2222_BR_0.5.png

1 minute ago, KamuSnow said:

Started happening here around the same time. Measured 5.2", and did a little shoveling. Exceeded my expectations, doubled last season's total, nice snowy afternoon, and it's December to boot! 

Yea I started a snow pile..my driveway is cleared..surprised no plows yet. Neighbor told me  cars stuck everywhere.

• Like 1