Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

35 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Watch out now.  Model criticism will get you a 5 paragraph rebuke 

You never even defend what you say. You spout some crazy nonsense then when you’re called on it instead of offering evidence or logical arguments to support your stance you just whine and cry about how someone is picking on you. Weak 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

could you criticize each other in the banter thread at least?

I offered no criticism until criticized. This guy, like  we have 1 or 2 of every single winter,for decades,  thinks he owns the place  and must respond to Every post not directed at him with a directed response. They eventually get tired of not being crowned King by everyone and usually stomp off.

We make observations and share experiences here. I am glad DT is back and it should be interesting once ps tries to once again play main boss and arbitrator 

4 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

I offered no criticism until criticized. This guy, like  we have 1 or 2 of every single winter,for decades,  thinks he owns the place  and must respond to Every post not directed at him with a directed response. They eventually get tired of not being crowned King by everyone and usually stomp off.

We make observations and share experiences here. I am glad DT is back and it should be interesting once ps tries to once again play main boss and arbitrator 

i dont care about the explanation. just do your stuff here, in this thread. 

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

15 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

PSU is an easy one to annoy.. it is just for fun. He is the only one that is taking it seriously....

I remember once I told him that the "constitution is not optional" and he went on an afternoon long tirade about it!

13 minutes ago, mappy said:

I agree with your  idea and it’s useful for you to review the entirety of the thread to see who was the criticizer and who is the responder I will Not be constantly rebuked this winter by that 5 paragraph per post know it all who thinks he’s in charge here. If you “don’t care”, you should 

3 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

I agree with your  idea and it’s useful for you to review the entirety of the thread to see who was the criticizer and who is the responder I will Not be constantly rebuked this winter by that 5 paragraph per post know it all who thinks he’s in charge here. If you “don’t care”, you should 

I did. I hide the BS that wasn't necessary in that thread. I do not care who started it. You both are grown ass men, act like it. And do it here. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mappy said:

I did. I hide the BS that wasn't necessary in that thread. I do not care who started it. You both are grown ass men, act like it. And do it here. 

I completely agree with keeping weather only  in the weather section.

Lets see if their can be reciprocal compliance and two way street enforcement if not .

2 hours ago, 40westwx said:

PSU is an easy one to annoy.. it is just for fun. He is the only one that is taking it seriously....

I remember once I told him that the "constitution is not optional" and he went on an afternoon long tirade about it!

I do not suffer ignorance.   There are plenty of subjects I don't know anything about.  But I don't just make up crazy BS and pass it off as legit.  Or worse think that crazy nonsense should carry any weight or is somehow above reproach.  

ETA:  I teach constitutional law so its hard not to get into that...my refute wasn't that the constitution is optional...its that the constitution is vague enough in most areas such that its never that simple.  During two different periods in our history we locked people up for criticizing the President and courts did not think that violated the 1st Amendment.  We totally ignored the 14th Amendment for almost 100 years.  Somehow eminent domain didn't protect native tribes.  Due Process didn't apply to Japanese Americans in WWII.  The 2nd Amendment wasn't an individual right for 200 years and then the courts decided it was.  The Constitution has been interpreted, re-interpreted, and manipulated so many times that using it as a concrete end all to any issue is kind of disingenuous IMO.  But everyone is entitled to their opinion of how those rights SHOULD be interpreted.  And we can have an amicable debate about that...unless you start spouting nonsense like saying the illuminati wrote the Bill of Rights as a way to fool American's into thinking we have freedom so they can subjugate us (not kidding had that come up recently).  There is a limit to what I tolerate.  

@WEATHER53

Stop whining to the refs and defend yourself if you think what you said is legit and should be taken seriously.  I called you out.  What you said was total and complete nonsense.  You have said similar garbage for years and I have called you out for it before.  It's insulting to the people who work on NWP and you are directly attacking their integrity without a spec of evidence to support your claim.  I laid out my evidence and cited specific reasons why what you said is wrong and shouldn't be taken seriously.  You have never once offered a defense.  You have never refuted a single one of my accusations.  You simply play this "I'm being persecuted" nonsense game and whine and complain that you're under attack.   You don't want to have your comments refuted...then don't post crazy nonsense like that, and worse, think that crap is somehow immune from reproach and critical analysis.  If you think what you said was legitimate and should be taken seriously, defend it.  Refute what I said.  Offer logical arguments and EVIDENCE to support your claim.  If you cannot do that then you shouldn't make accusations like that and spread stupid nonsense.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

I completely agree with keeping weather only  in the weather section.

Lets see if their can be reciprocal compliance and two way street enforcement if not .

Hey Howard, what's up?  Did Keith Allen do a winter outlook this year?  I like reading about that even though he is not from my region.  

17 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Not sure why you bother with it. He is who he is, and he will believe what he believes. Facts be damned. 

Remember when he blamed the DC UHI on a "bad" temperature sensor?

Maybe because there is way too much of that going around right now...and in most venues I can’t do anything about it. I’d be screaming into the void. But this is a small enough community that I can push back on that crap here. I can at least draw my little line in the sand and defend it. Yea he is obviously going to believe that BS no matter what but I’m going to call him out on it every time . And it does have impact. At the least it very obviously got him all bent because he can’t answer any of my points! 

31 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It’s only taken 15 years, but I finally organized my LP’s and got the turntable going. I also tried to revive my old cassettes but my cassette player died.

I am congratulating myself with Bing and Frank on vinyl and a Manhattan. Covid be damned. Life is good.

Get that 8-track going too. And reel to reel

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Met winter.

We generally don't do actual winter until Jan at the earliest. Somehow, people always manage to forget that.

Ha, I did mean psu and Howard, but you’re not wrong either. Ji showing up dec 1 made it officially winter 

21 minutes ago, FXW176 said:

@mappy awesome holiday cheer. I’m jelly. Gotta up my game. Absolutely gorgeous.

@losetoa6 thank you again. Couldn’t have pulled this off without ya.

560D1FD3-C606-4751-A105-6576BD93D204.jpeg

Thank you, friend! I love yours too! 

7 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

You can try to keep things equal and use his first name also. If not then please use WX53.

He hasn’t posted his real name here, so it’s not for me to share. We all know yours. But if it bothers you that much, okay. 

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

I think she was referring to my spat with Howard

You had a spat with yourself and not me

i was talking with Ji about models but you being the self appointed BMOC had to jump into that thread and personalize it.  Your obsessive 5 paragraph responses several times in this banter thread shows what a preening, self important A- hole that you are. Your idea that I don’t support  or explain my weather observations to your satisfaction is also mire arrogant puke from you. 

When 25 million people have read  and heard your weather observations and thousands continue to each day then maybe you would have the credentials to be such a chiding, whining, critical overly lengthy douche 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic