• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    alexmiller
    Newest Member
    alexmiller

December Observations

Cloud tops growing around Roanoke and south.

That lobe of vorticy dropping SE through WV atm. Wouldn't be too surprised for a dusting Caswell,  Person, Durham,  Alamance counties.

Caught the snow in Butner, NC then a solid burst near Creedmoor rd and 540 on the north side of Raleigh 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wncsnow said:

25 last night, our 4th night already of 25 or below. Last year we only had 7 all winter...

The last time I hit 25 or lower was Dec 20, 2019. Doesn't look promising to tie or break that for the rest of the year.

4 minutes ago, yotaman said:

The last time I hit 25 or lower was Dec 20, 2019. Doesn't look promising to tie or break that for the rest of the year.

That's crazy... I have 3 nights below 20 already. Last winter had about 5 total and our coldest night last winter was in early November. 

Going to give today’s report based on yard mud conditions scale. 1 is dry as a rock in Saharan dessert 5 is wet enough for a bass pond. We’re sitting at a 4 right now, may call the hatchery this evening after this thunderstorm passes and see if they have any sales on some lunkers. Pretty sure the bushes next to my shed would make some good bass habitat.

I heard thunder this morning near the NC State Fairgrounds and I saw lightening and another clap of thunder a few moments later.  70% chance of snow in seven days! :weenie:

• Like 1

No thunder but did get .32" for the line of storms that moved thru. Temp dropped 10 degrees in about 10 minutes after the front moved thru. Currently sitting at 54/51. Had a high earlier of 71.

Started off cool and damp. Very broken line of showers came through around 11.

Once the clouds clear it got pretty warm.  Near 80 to a couple degrees over.

Still in the upper 70s.

While every model was too warm with dew point/wet bulb temperature here at my place in Durham, still just a cold 33° rain. Below is the forecast dew point error for 9 AM compared against the 32.7°F recorded at my station:

HRRR +0.8°

GFS +1.1°

RGEM +2.2°

NWS NDFD +2.3°

NAM +2.3°