• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

If only there was some cold air. The 850’s and 700’s are so close. It’s wild watching the surface LP placement from run to run. They are jumping around by hundreds of miles. Makes a big difference for Erie, CLE and Toronto. 

I'm expecting mostly cold rain out of this in Toronto. Is there any model saying anything differently?

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

There's no struggle these days for daily temps to be 10 to 20 degrees above "normal".  Unreal how much things have changed this past decade.

I've only lived here 2 years, but anecdotally it seems like there are a lot more temperature forecasts that bust high than bust low, like there's no ceiling to warm air.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PerintonMan said:

I've only lived here 2 years, but anecdotally it seems like there are a lot more temperature forecasts that bust high than bust low, like there's no ceiling to warm air.

Exactly. There have been so many times here that the temperature ends up 5 or so degrees warmer than what was called for. The southerly winds off the higher elevations warm the air SO rapidly. :( 

P.S. Welcome to the board!

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Exactly. There have been so many times here that the temperature ends up 5 or so degrees warmer than what was called for. The southerly winds off the higher elevations warm the air SO rapidly. :( 

P.S. Welcome to the board!

Thanks, I lurked last year and appreciated the model analysis and insight into weather patterns specific to WNY. (And, frankly, as a scientist, I like discussion a little more sophisticated than what I hear on the local news or weather.com.)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Not gonna happen but the 18z NAM 3k still has snow for Toronto image.thumb.png.b4206175450756359783bbc0664364ab.png

Riding a thin line. Reminds me of last weeks storm. But as it stands, only the NAM is showing snow for Toronto. It's looking like a rainer for all of us. Would've been great if this storm was in January. 

Yeah, this yr is finally behaving the way it should be with a gradual decline wrt temps. Most of us on this forum average over 100"/yr, so we all know its gonna but the weenie in all of us wants it to snow as heavy as possible and pile up as high as possible and it'll happen just not when we want it to, lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Yeah, this yr is finally behaving the way it should be with a gradual decline wrt temps. Most of us on this forum average over 100"/yr, so we all know its gonna emoji300.png but the weenie in all of us wants it to snow as heavy as possible and pile up as high as possible and it'll happen just not when we want it to, lol

It must feel great to average 100 inches. I only average 25.

52 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

It must feel great to average 100 inches. I only average 25.

Well you guys get those big Nor'easter's that can drop >20" once in a while. Would love to experience that. Aside from lake effect snow, most of our synoptic snow every winter is <12" with each storm. 

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Rgem gives most of the area some snow showers and squalls..

62098263_0f4ec04e-c264-4fd4-bbc4-4d1a49e

Yeah both NAM products have some snow the majority of Tuesday and Wednesday. Even if we don’t accumulate that much it should be rather snowy for a couple days. I think 2-4” is possible by Wednesday afternoon in lower elevations with much more SW. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Yeah both NAM products have some snow the majority of Tuesday and Wednesday. Even if we don’t accumulate that much it should be rather snowy for a couple days. I think 2-4” is possible by Wednesday afternoon in lower elevations with much more SW. 

That was my call as well.

This system actually rides the spine of the Appalachians which usually doesn't happen but this SLP may do just that. If it was 75 miles further East, we'd all be in good shape, except the Capital gang but its not happening either way. We all stay wet with temps not dropping into the mid to lower 30's until late Tues into Wednesday and by then, the slp is in the process of occluding. We continue to patiently wait for our first accumulating

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Some spots in NE OH could see their first footer of the season while we wait for our first 1"!

What a joke

You didn't get in on the lake effect band in November that gave @CNY_WX 2 or 3 inches? You really must be in a bad spot of Oswego County.

1 hour ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

This system actually rides the spine of the Appalachians which usually doesn't happen but this SLP may do just that. If it was 75 miles further East, we'd all be in good shape, except the Capital gang but its not happening either way. We all stay wet with temps not dropping into the mid to lower 30's until late Tues into Wednesday and by then, the slp is in the process of occluding. We continue to patiently wait for our first accumulating emoji300.pngemoji300.png

Patience is wearing thin...especially after the "winter" of last season...although the heaviest snowfall we had in this area last winter was in...the middle of MAY. lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

You didn't get in on the lake effect band in November that gave @CNY_WX 2 or 3 inches? You really must be in a bad spot of Oswego County.

Patience is wearing thin...especially after the "winter" of last season...although the heaviest snowfall we had in this area last winter was in...the middle of MAY. lol

I agree about the wearing thin part. We’re used to lake effect events and Arctic chances...our cold air is system made instead of from the Arctic source region and all our LP tracks the next 2 weeks look warm with cold shots behind leaving us wet and frozen with little to no snow. Something needs to shake this pattern up.

• Like 1