• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

For sure, mine as well! Especially when I lived in West Michigan...SW flow ahead of the clipper was our BEST snowfall there. I don't have much experience with clipper patterns in Upstate New York, since there haven't been any since I arrived. I imagine Central NY does well on the backside of the clippers.

We need some cold air behind these clippers to really get it going but yes our entire forum does well in Clipper patterns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I am hopeful for you Buffalo crew.

Speaking of your crib, how is the clean up going from the bad flooding/wind storm from a few weeks ago?

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local/new-storm-more-damage-hamburg-hoover-beach-hit-hard-by-storm/71-1f4b2973-c5a2-419f-9185-2502ef8553a7

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

30+ hours of a westerly-wsw flow on the gfs, now the tough part, getting it to materialize lol

Screenshot_20201128-094059.png

GFS is pretty aggressive with LES east of Ontario.  Pretty much snows all day Wednesday and Thursday.  Would likely be much wetter than typical LES

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The next system on GFS is perfect track, but a rainstorm. We're really using up all our good tracks on 35 degrees and rain aren't we. Need a better airmass. 

Looks like it flips to heavy wet snow especially Rochester north.  This would be measured in feet if it were mid January

31 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Not that I could afford it...but these issues are the exact reason I am hesitant to look at any home near water. Might have beautiful views, but erosion, flooding, wind damage, etc. would be on my mind. Even with insurance, I would be anxious about losing my home and/or life in the middle of the night. Just too many unpredictable possibilities for me. More power to them though!

• Like 1