• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

38 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Detroit 7.1”... Cleveland up to a foot... most of Ohio between 5 and 10”...Buffalo...car and rooftop dusting...if we live by this slim margin all winter it will be the biggest kick in the Johnson since the dealer in Vegas vacation asked Clark if he’d give him $50 bucks to do it...

I agree. Temps are pretty marginal for lower elevations. Going to have to get some really good rates with temps above freezing for anything to really stick. 

• Like 2

With 1 day left in Nov. Looks like we finish around 6th for warmest November on record. 

AVERAGE MONTHLY: 46.7   
DPTR FM NORMAL:   5.8

.8" of snowfall on season at KBUF. -7.5" below normal 

1    47.9    1931    
2    47.8    1902    
3    47.1    1948    
4    46.9    1975    
5    46.9    2001    
6    46.5    2011    
7    46.2    2015    
8    45.1    2016    
9    45.1    1994   
10   44.8    1909

47 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Detroit 7.1”... Cleveland up to a foot... most of Ohio between 5 and 10”...Buffalo...car and rooftop dusting...if we live by this slim margin all winter it will be the biggest kick in the Johnson since the dealer in Vegas vacation asked Clark if he’d give him $50 bucks to do it...

Hey, at least your dusting will be deeper than my dusting. :lol:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Those long range products were beyond worthless last winter. I hope they perform better this year. It was the one thing that really added to the exasperation of last winter- the long range constantly promising winter just around the corner. “Wait two weeks!” On and on. It never came. 

Maybe, but the teleconnections (PNA, NAO, and AO) this year are more aligned with colder weather starting next week and beyond (unlike last year when these indices were consistently at odds with the operational model LR forecasts).

Anyone have a good link for the EPO forecast? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Those long range products were beyond worthless last winter. I hope they perform better this year. It was the one thing that really added to the exasperation of last winter- the long range constantly promising winter just around the corner. “Wait two weeks!” On and on. It never came. 

Oh it came...in April and the first half of May...

25 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

From Jan. 27th 2020. Most of the long range showed warm weather last winter. 

It's been a combination of not just the +NAO but the -PNA and +EPO/+WPO. All the indices have been going the wrong way. It takes a lot to go wrong to get nearly +10 temps in January. If we get one indice to go the right way, the rest don't. Right now we have a PNA ridge but the EPO is really positive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Even with a +EPO you can get below normal with a -NAO...which is forecasted in Dec. I think we're looking better this year than the last couple. Don't let this storm drag you down. It may just be an overperformer.

It's tough to trust that a negative NAO would have any staying power, considering how lacking it has been, especially during the cold seasons.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

It's tough to trust that a negative NAO would have any staying power, considering how lacking it has been, especially during the cold seasons.

The pattern timing is just off, it's been going negative for 2-3 month intervals, but in the Apr-Jun timeframes over the past couple of years. If we can get lucky with it going negative for 2-3 months starting Dec or Jan, we'll all be quite happy. I believe this year we hit it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Even with a +EPO you can get below normal with a -NAO...which is forecasted in Dec. I think we're looking better this year than the last couple. Don't let this storm drag you down. It may just be an overperformer.

Yeah. You either need some help from the Pacific or some Atlantic blocking. - EPO or -NAO. If you get both, you get the truly epic events. 

nao.sprd2.gif

12 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I think it has to do with the rapid warming of the waters off of Maine. It's warming quicker than almost any place on the planet. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think 2006-2007 is the top analog. Correct me if I'm wrong? 

I'm sure most of us off Ontario wouldn't complain about that lol

SeasonalSnowFall0607 (1).gif

...OSWEGO COUNTY...

.REDFIELD..... 388 INCHES
.PALERMO...... 275 INCHES
.PARISH....... 269 INCHES
.BENNETTS BRG. 242 INCHES
.MEXICO....... 227 INCHES
.PULASKI...... 221 INCHES
.MINETTO...... 221 INCHES
.WEST MONROE.. 217 INCHES
.FULTON....... 217 INCHES
.SCRIBA....... 213 INCHES
.CONSTANTIA... 207 INCHES
.HANNIBAL..... 198 INCHES
.OSWEGO SW.... 196 INCHES
.OSWEGO....... 160 INCHES  (CITY)

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I'm sure most of us off Ontario wouldn't complain about that lol

SeasonalSnowFall0607 (1).gif

...OSWEGO COUNTY...

.REDFIELD..... 388 INCHES
.PALERMO...... 275 INCHES
.PARISH....... 269 INCHES
.BENNETTS BRG. 242 INCHES
.MEXICO....... 227 INCHES
.PULASKI...... 221 INCHES
.MINETTO...... 221 INCHES
.WEST MONROE.. 217 INCHES
.FULTON....... 217 INCHES
.SCRIBA....... 213 INCHES
.CONSTANTIA... 207 INCHES
.HANNIBAL..... 198 INCHES
.OSWEGO SW.... 196 INCHES
.OSWEGO....... 160 INCHES  (CITY)

Yeah that was a really good year for you guys due to that 1 lake snow event. It hit here too, but south of buffalo and most of the lake was frozen. Buffalo had around 88" that year. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah that was a really good year for you guys due to that 1 lake snow event. It hit here too, but south of buffalo and most of the lake was frozen. Buffalo had around 88" that year. 

Oh yeah forgot about that haha

Doesn't look as impressive now lol Oswego county did have some nice events that year including 1'-3' feet in the first week of April..

• Like 1