Latest map.

StormTotalSnowWeb (11).png

..WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO
7 PM EST WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches
  on the Tug Hill, and higher terrain with 2 inches or less of
  accumulation across lower elevations. Winds gusting as high as
  30 mph.

* WHERE...The Eastern Lake Ontario Region.

* WHEN...From 8 PM this evening to 7 PM EST Wednesday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be difficult. The hazardous conditions
  could impact the morning or evening commutes on Wednesday

Wolf your in a great spot! I would never be moving from where you are lol. Even events that seem marginal for you turnout great. I’m jealous haha. I got a solid dusting this morning :)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Snowing ATM and ground coated...KBUF actually has a special weather statement out about the potential for an inch of snow this morning making the commute difficult...I didn’t know we were now the new Atlanta GA...

Think about it, if it weren’t for Lake Erie we would have the climate of Pittsburgh with how fast we seem to be warming. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If you look at the winter season summaries the 2000s had many more "westerly" looking seasons with even some lower elevations outpacing the tug, every year in the 2000s pulaski had more snow than copenhagen...In the 2010s it has been completely opposite lol Much more WSW flow looking years with the tug and surrounding areas dominating year after year, pulaski hasn't beating copenhagen once in this decade..

42 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Most guidance has KBUF at 2-3”. I’ve had about 1.3” so far and I believe that with he low pulling away the better moisture on the backside this evening and overnight will be enhanced and help snowfall rates. 

At least for the GTA this will end up being a slow system but still will leave the region 4-8". I think Buffalo-Niagara has a chance to make this an okay 3-5" system as well. 

Not the way everyone would like but it will certainly make it feel like winter. We were flirting with upper 70s and 80s not even a month ago. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

At least for the GTA this will end up being a slow system but still will leave the region 4-8". I think Buffalo-Niagara has a chance to make this an okay 3-5" system as well. 

Not the way everyone would like but it will certainly make it feel like winter. We were flirting with upper 70s and 80s not even a month ago. 

Snow continues to fall here at the lakeshore in Hamburg but really having a rough time accumulating. Checking my Nest Cam at home in Amherst it’s snowing steadily but there’s actually less snow now than there was a few hours ago as temps are just above freezing around 33 degrees. Without elevation we’re going to struggle to accumulate until the sun goes down or we can get some heavier rates this afternoon. Whole different ball game as you get above 900-1000 feet as temps drop just below freezing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Snow continues to fall here at the lakeshore in Hamburg but really having a rough time accumulating. Checking my Nest Cam at home in Amherst it’s snowing steadily but there’s actually less snow now than there was a few hours ago as temps are just above freezing around 33 degrees. Without elevation we’re going to struggle to accumulate until the sun goes down or we can get some heavier rates this afternoon. Whole different ball game as you get above 900-1000 feet as temps drop just below freezing. 

Ya, the same thing is happening up here even with elevation. Im thinking some of the heavier bands today and tonight push you guys to 3" with a few lollipops of 4-5". Considering 1-2" was all that was talked about for the Buffalo-Niagara Metro Id say its an okay event 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

That’s my thought to Dev...I’m not as concerned now as it’s fighting diurnal and marginal temps...snow had no problem accumulating last night and I expect tonight to be no different 

Yeah I haven’t measured in the right time periods today so unfortunately I’m a bit low I see....I guess we might hit that 4” mark by the end of this small snowfall...oh and FWIW the 12z looks exactly like the 00z euro and the weekend storm is east coast now...curiously though there’s not much precip on the northern side of the system and the track it shows typically would bury us...we wait

13 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Yeah I haven’t measured in the right time periods today so unfortunately I’m a bit low I see....I guess we might hit that 4” mark by the end of this small snowfall...oh and FWIW the 12z looks exactly like the 00z euro and the weekend storm is east coast now...curiously though there’s not much precip on the northern side of the system and the track it shows typically would bury us...we wait

The weekend storm doesn't even matter. It's almost all rain, airmass blows.

The winds in the high peaks are insane.

image.png.ebd97a98820b79b6032cf20594f355b7.png

Also found this researching high winds up there.

As temperatures dropped across the Northeast from the blast of a polar vortex, the wind chill at Whiteface, near Lake Placid, made it feel like a body- and mind-numbing minus 114 degrees late Saturday and into Sunday. Central Park could only muster a minus 1 degree. Can you imagine hiking up there that day?? You would literally just die lol

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/upstate-ny-mountain-hits-110-degrees-wind-chill-summit-article-1.2531580