• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 hours ago, PerintonMan said:

What's the ideal setup/track for a big synoptic event between Syracuse and Buffalo?

In New England we talk about the 40/70 benchmark.

What's the rule of thumb here? Seems like a track from Pittsburgh to Albany would pay off for everyone pretty well.

I'm in Otsego County, almost dead center of NY state.

We want to see a low right off the New Jersey coast and passing over the center of Long Island for maximum snowfall here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Liking what I see so far but still five days out so plenty of time for change. It'll be about damn time we get our first big boy snow of the year if things continue to trend in the correct direction.

I should also say I do feel a bit nervous of this evolving into a 95 special. Every time I see snowy on the EPS to the coast it always swings that way by 48 hours 

LONG TERM /SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY/...
This period will start off with a deepening cold airmass with 850
hPa temperatures dropping down to around -10 to -14C by Tuesday
morning. This colder airmass will aid in the generation of weak lake
effect snow, primarily east and southeast of the Lakes Sunday night
through Monday night, and possibly into Tuesday. Moisture over the
Lakes will be limited as deeper synoptic moisture remains near a
passing shortwave traveling across the Southeastern States. Another
shortwave will arrive Wednesday of next week with this shortwave
taking a track much closer to our region. This will bring an
increasing chance for widespread, but light snow showers Wednesday
and into Wednesday night. By Thursday the main upper level shortwave
will be pushing eastward with a west to east drying trend.
Temperatures will be near normal this period
  • Like 1

As far as I'm concerned, bring the cold and the Lakes will provide! If this next airmass pans out like the EURO has, then we're looking good. The GFS is just a horrible model outside of a few days. I'm surprised it didn't lose it altogether, lol, as its quite common for it to do just that as we all know already!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

As far as I'm concerned, bring the cold and the Lakes will provide! If this next airmass pans out like the EURO has, then we're looking good. The GFS is just a horrible model outside of a few days. I'm surprised it didn't lose it altogether, lol, as its quite common for it to do just that as we all know already!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You really can't trust any models these days lol

European showed feet of snow within 72-96 hrs with the last New england special.. 

• Like 1

Pathetic when our 2 inches of snow from yesterday mostly melted OVERNIGHT last night. Couldn't even survive 24 hours. Then, today it was the Seattle overcast with drizzle and 40 degrees. Just awful.

Blood test from the doctor showed my Vitamin D levels down to 14 ng/mL...guess I've "acclimated" to the Central NY climate.........

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, its interesting.  The best time to view it would have been overnight last night (this morning).  The media and most people misunderstood the data from NASA and spaceweather.com.  The chance has already come and gone.  It's a shame that most people will be disappointed tonight without the proper info.

THE STORM HAS FIZZLED: As predicted, a CME (pictured below) hit Earth's magnetic field during the early hours of Dec. 10th (1:30 UT), but the impact did not cause a geomagnetic storm. Mid-latitude auroras are not likely tonight.

Boo!

I've never used this website, is it accurate?

• Like 1