• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 hours ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

One thing is certain, we're in a very active pattern for the foreseeable future so at least there's plenty to track in the next 2 weeks unless something changes and that can always happen too so we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

With no cold air anywhere to be found it feels more like tracking storms in late October. Higher elevations and strong storms that generate their own cold air will have snow, aside from that the rest of us are rain 

• Like 1

With no cold air anywhere to be found it feels more like tracking storms in late October. Higher elevations and strong storms that generate their own cold air will have snow, aside from that the rest of us are rain 
There's plenty of cold air just to our North but we need a mechanism to tap into it. Thus far, we've been hard pressed to get that mechanism, lol! It's inevitable we see snow this yr but it may not be the snow every one is looking for unfortunately!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

7 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

The 2nd pulaski cam (rt 11/13) is about 1 block from the new crib if anyone's ever interested during a LES event lol It's also a good link to have if you guys don't already lol

https://511ny.org/cctv?start=0&length=10&filters[0]=2&filters[0]=Central Syracuse Utica Area&filters[1]=3&filters[1]=Oswego&filters[2]=4&filters[2]=NY-11&order=1&order[dir]=asc

What are these LES events that you speak of? Were they before the Orcs took control of the weather?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That timeframe is really going to be I believe the change to a colder pattern. The GEFS has a Greenland block at that time and a nice ridge out west. The EPS has a similar look up top in Greenland but less of a ridge out west. Either way we are much colder and with several opportunities. Looking interesting at the very least.

8 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah not a good place to be right now lol With 7-8 days to go, definitely going to lose it again just hope it comes back.. I'm supposed to move that day so we have that going for us..

Its locked in now.  The pain won't stop until morale improves  ;)

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Looks like a big Buffalo band. I’ll bet it was sunny in Rochester. It always is while you get it big-time! 

Look at all that cold air. I'm starting to realize unless we have a negative EPO we don't get arctic air in our region. We had a +PNA, -NAO, and -AO and still have issues getting cold. AGW is too strong. 

• Like 1

weatherstory (2).gif

Clearing skies tonight will enable MOST of the area to be able to view the "Northern Lights". The best viewing will likely be across the Southern Tier and Finger Lakes region after midnight where the least amount of cloud cover is expected. Get away from artificial sources of light and allow your eyes some time to adjust to the darkness.

• Like 3