• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

None of these events are good. Give me a good LES band please. I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms.

For real thought, remember that band I met you and your dog at that park by your house? Knee to thigh deep snow on the ground, 2-3” an hour rates with frequent thundersnow. Ahhh it’s been far too long. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This was the event I was talking about the other day where there was no LES in the forecast and we ended getting almost a foot of snow.

Man I don’t even remember what it looks like to have that much snow on the ground. Just gotta keep watching these videos until we hopefully get lucky enough to have a good event this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Man I don’t even remember what it looks like to have that much snow on the ground. Just gotta keep watching these videos until we hopefully get lucky enough to have a good event this year. 

That winter was A+++. This was taking March 31st, look at those banks along the lake.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

31 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

None of these events are good. Give me a good LES band please. I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms. A real band.

Yup feel the same.  Even if it’s not going to be a huge event just craving to be under an intense band.  Give me a sweeper that only stays over me for an hour but is dropping at 3-4”/hr.  These little mixed bag events are such a tease...

• Like 2

The 2nd pulaski cam (rt 11/13) is about 1 block from the new crib if anyone's ever interested during a LES event lol It's also a good link to have if you guys don't already lol

https://511ny.org/cctv?start=0&length=10&filters[0]=2&filters[0]=Central Syracuse Utica Area&filters[1]=3&filters[1]=Oswego&filters[2]=4&filters[2]=NY-11&order=1&order[dir]=asc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

And yet still rain for us near the lake haha

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_43 (2).png

One has to think that a track like that no chance it rains back in WNY especially when the 540 line is east in eastern NY and we straddle about -4c...at this time that would put us below freezing. If that look stays it’ll straighten out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

One has to think that a track like that no chance it rains back in WNY especially when the 540 line is east in eastern NY and we straddle about -4c...at this time that would put us below freezing. If that look stays it’ll straighten out.

I take that look all day long let’s go!  Can’t even look at details like r/s anyway at this time range, but the big picture is an EC trough and gulf low headed over the upstate NY ‘benchmark’ ....NYC.  Always interested in that look even if 10 days out.  

Over in the NE thread, ORH pointed out a miller B look on the EPS midweek next week.  

Active pattern and we should be glad to see it.  

• Like 1

I was just perusing the NE forum and one of the posters over there shared a teller from Eric Webb a meteorologist and he shows the ECMWF forecast for next week and a PV split  sending a lobe right over Hudson Bay late next week...right around the same time that GFS  system appears...The same euro shows that as a Miller B which we would love here and not the A the GFS is showing...all in all next week appears to my untrained eye to hold our first very real shot at something significant.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I was just perusing the NE forum and one of the posters over there shared a teller from Eric Webb a meteorologist and he shows the ECMWF forecast for next week and a PV split  sending a lobe right over Hudson Bay late next week...right around the same time that GFS  system appears...The same euro shows that as a Miller B which we would love here and not the A the GFS is showing...all in all next week appears to my untrained eye to hold our first very real shot at something significant.

0440CF08-3D47-43C9-95E0-5E6A49960478.jpeg

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

The 2nd pulaski cam (rt 11/13) is about 1 block from the new crib if anyone's ever interested during a LES event lol It's also a good link to have if you guys don't already lol

https://511ny.org/cctv?start=0&length=10&filters[0]=2&filters[0]=Central Syracuse Utica Area&filters[1]=3&filters[1]=Oswego&filters[2]=4&filters[2]=NY-11&order=1&order[dir]=asc

Whether or not anyone is interested, but http://www.northernchateau.com is a great web cam page with different cameras throughout the tug hill with measuring sticks in most cams. They also have a 2nd site called gotsnowcams.com that have cameras throughout western ny and the Adirondacks.

• Like 2

2 things of note for next week...the 17th and 18th has a clipper that looks a bit charged up and could be one of those 2-4” type snowfalls  with some 6” enhancements in the NE lake belts...the second storm is different from the euro in one aspect, the GFS has NS energy not timing up with the low coming out of the gulf. The euro has that. Time will tell

50 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

2 things of note for next week...the 17th and 18th has a clipper that looks a bit charged up and could be one of those 2-4” type snowfalls  with some 6” enhancements in the NE lake belts...the second storm is different from the euro in one aspect, the GFS has NS energy not timing up with the low coming out of the gulf. The euro has that. Time will tell

I don’t think we want a phased solution ?