Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That was still a great storm at least here. Had about 13 inches and then some sleet/freezing drizzle. The WCB in that was pretty awesome. 

Obviously it would have been nice to get the 87 inches that fell in Stowe, but I’d sign on the dotted like for another one right now if offered. 

The WCB was intense. Picked up like 10” in 3 hours that morning. Ended up with 14”. Kind of a letdown though how in and out it was. Then the sleet and mood flakes for the rest of the day. Most forecasts had Danbury for 18-24” so when you ‘fall short’ with 14” it never sits well. NWCT had some 20” amounts and then west into NY is where it really piled up with 30-40”. 

38 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Iirc the ‘shift’ had more to do with mid level tracks going across SNE but models still putting out 18+ south of it so many forecasters were hesitant to put up big amounts but still did. But then the rule of ‘never go higher than 12” if mid levels are north of you’ was discussed, even if models are printing more.

Yea, I learned that the hard way in Feb 2009.

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Agreed..just commenting on what that showed. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense assuming the big players are in place. 

Even if it had a 3ft bomb, just pass. I’m not even sure when it became a plausible model. The less models we look at, the better imo. Information, especially trash, over-load. 

• Like 1