• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Treyfish
    Newest Member
    Treyfish

November Discobs 2020

5 hours ago, poolz1 said:

The Mothership has arrived! I'm not a big cloud Guru but this was pretty impressive. Only cloud in the sky at the moment. ef8e5a3473dece36612ac4e3fc21f6fb.jpg3f57ae867529b723e481d73395019b82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Same thing here. And if you watch that play out on satellite you’ll see that develop into a narrow band of clouds that developed and just sat over the area most of the day. If someone can explain the science of that I’d be fascinated to learn. You could see the airflow out of the north but that band never budged.

Question -- if a freeze warning was issued, doesn't that usually mean that the "growing season" is officially over for that county?  Like I know there was a freeze warning for PW few days ago and they have a frost advisory tonight... just think it's a bit strange

2 hours ago, yoda said:

Question -- if a freeze warning was issued, doesn't that usually mean that the "growing season" is officially over for that county?  Like I know there was a freeze warning for PW few days ago and they have a frost advisory tonight... just think it's a bit strange

I think they have to then declare the growing season as over. It's possible they had a warning but NWS determined it didn't hit it. 

Weather looks warm and boring for awhile. Not going to have three below normal temperature November’s in a row. That’s for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Weather looks warm and boring for awhile. Not going to have three below normal temperature November’s in a row. That’s for sure.

So what you’re saying is we should expect a different winter this year than last. And to extrapolate that further, you’re calling for a historic one of a kind winter. Yes!

9 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

2nd morning this week with low of 36.5 (coldest of the season so far), as sun is now coming up.  Technically, have not reached 32 yet this season IMBY.

Nope. Going to be awhile. One of the latest I can recall probably. 

• Like 1

Close at IAD and BWI but still no cigar.  ((oops, just spotted IAD snuck in a 32 on 31 Oct))

DCA 42

BWI 35

IAD 33

RIC 38

The GFS currently shows no love for freezinists through 19 Nov.

((so although I didn't spot the contest sooner, I would be on course to be busting bigtime on BWI (31 Oct), RIC (8 Nov) and some for DCA too (15 Nov).))

5 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Warm days this time of year always feel weird. The sun angle isn’t right. 

I find that the combo of warmth, low sun angle and leaves still on the trees is weird in November. However 71, low sun angle and no leaves on trees feels totally normal in December.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well the tropical connection still remains in place, another high QPF event is set for later next week. 

Several disturbances combined with a robust WAR will lead to extreme rainfall possibilities later next week in the East.  

On a side note, I spoke to some master gardeners and the change in climate here recently,  and set in motion due to high dew points and extreme rainfall events since August 2019 , has interesting outcomes regarding plants and cool season grasses. Many seeds remain dormant until conditions arise and these conditions are happening now. Pao trivialis is one and is appearing in many lawns in my area, mine included,  no way to selectively kill it unless you kill your lawn as well. 

p168i.gif?1604664638

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Mid 70s is kinda gross for this time of year.

I will probably sweat and get bit by a random mosquito while blowing/mulching leaves.

Long November nights and clear skies w/ calm winds = 38F at IAD now after a high of 74F yesterday. 

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Mid 70s is kinda gross for this time of year.

I will probably sweat and get bit by a random mosquito while blowing/mulching leaves.

But it's the DRY heat :sun:

Btw...The Buick GN has gotten driven alot this week 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yep...desert climo 

More like stagnant, under a massive upper ridge lol.

Not dry here, even though it hasn't rained for a week. Long nights, low sun.

Been out removing leaves. Still very foggy.

I revealed the grass under all the leaves, and its nice and green. So is much of my deck lol, after months of above normal rain.

fog.thumb.jpg.b14fec7b68a5303c49494642ce6222de.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

I revealed the grass under all the leaves, and its nice and green. So is much of my deck lol, after months of above normal rain.

I spy, with my little eye, a CoCoRaHS gauge ....

Just now, wxdude64 said:

I spy, with my little eye, a CoCoRaHS gauge ....

Yeah that's my reference for the weather station lol. It needs a good cleaning too. Algae and other green junk been having a good time here lately.

No rush to get everything done, since we are in for an extended period of Sept-Oct weather. Eventually we may even see some November weather.

15 minutes ago, CAPE said:

You might need a taller ladder to get up that tree...just a suggestion :whistle:

I have one for a nominal fee

• Haha 4