Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

Just now, MUWX said:

Man, I want to believe, but I can’t help but think these forecasts are a bit premature. How many time in the last 5-10 years have we had a system like looks great 5-7 days out then totally falls apart as we close in? 

Depends on if you're watching the GFS (often) or Euro inside 120 hours (not quite as often).

I think the difference is the temps and snow ratios... if the temps were borderline you would need just the perfect setup in order to get a "big" snow. That is 99% of the time around these parts. You don't need to worry about temps this go round. This type of cold air cranks out any and all moisture in the atmosphere. I have bought in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wx 24/7 said:

I think the difference is the temps and snow ratios... if the temps were borderline you would need just the perfect setup in order to get a "big" snow. You don't need to worry about temps this go round. This type of cold air cranks out any and all moisture in the atmosphere. I have bought in. 

Indeed. Not missing one key ingredient (cold air) sure does help. Must be what it's like for folks in ND/SD/MN all winter, pretty much every storm system is going to produce snowfall, it's just how much. 

6 minutes ago, Wx 24/7 said:

I think the difference is the temps and snow ratios... if the temps were borderline you would need just the perfect setup in order to get a "big" snow. That is 99% of the time around these parts. You don't need to worry about temps this go round. This type of cold air cranks out any and all moisture in the atmosphere. I have bought in. 

One of us...one of us...

11 minutes ago, MUWX said:

Man, I want to believe, but I can’t help but think these forecasts are a bit premature. How many time in the last 5-10 years have we had a system like looks great 5-7 days out then totally falls apart as we close in? 

I'm with you.   Been burned 5 days out too many times in my 50 yrs lol.

53 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

I'm with you.   Been burned 5 days out too many times in my 50 yrs lol.

I'm gonna stay hopeful but yea, been burnt over and over here in Fayetteville lol. And its just so far out still, yea the cold air will be in place thats for certain. Oh please mother nature dont let us down this is our big chance here haha

2 hours ago, Solution Man said:

I’m hoping for you guys....you deserve it. Keep an eye on the Nam, it’s a short ranger but been fairly accurate even in the range after 45 hrs.

Problem with the NAM myself and a few others have seen and noted is that its been initializing a bit too warm for this area around here for the past few days. Take that as you will. Might have to consult the RAP, HRRR, and short range Canadian (RDPS) for more reliability.

I do also have concerns for dry air intrusion especially with how cold we will be getting by that time.

• Like 1