• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

The only way the Sat system was going to be good for everyone was if there was an interaction between a little northern piece of energy wrapping around the big upper low and that system sliding across the south. As long as there was interaction then the GFS was golden, but this run doesn't show much interaction. The snow across OK appears to be due to 850 temp advection/frontogenesis. 

The Sunday/Monday system still looks decent and it has much greater potential.

In my opinion things still look good for all of us. The GFS has been the most consistent run to run by far and the V16 is still a crush for all.   The Canadian is all over the place but at least it has the Mon/Tues storm now.  

Even the NAM at 78-84 (Ha!!!) even took a step in the right direction.  

That’s all the optimism I have for now! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Waterboy said:

In my opinion things still look good for all of us. The GFS has been the most consistent run to run by far and the V16 is still a crush for all.   The Canadian is all over the place but at least it has the Mon/Tues storm now.  

Even the NAM at 78-84 (Ha!!!) even took a step in the right direction.  

That’s all the optimism I have for now! 

I'm staying optimistic for that Monday system.  If things don't pan out on that at least I can finally take up ice skating.

00z Canadian going to have the system on Tues/Wed as well. 

Interesting runs. 

The GFS solution on Sat was a bit sketchy as it doesn't have much support from any other model. That was always a situation where everything had to come together perfectly and there wasn't much multi-model support for that. The Sunday-Monday system has a greater probability of being at least somewhat more successful assuming everything comes together decently, and then the Wed system may come together if the Sun/Mon system doesn't.

Taking the GFS, GFS 16 and Canadian and taking the average between the 10 to 1 and the Kuchera from high to low Okc is looking at 11 to 18 inches. Yes, I know way to soon but even on the low end that is a massive storm for Central Oklahoma. 

26 minutes ago, lokee said:

Taking the GFS, GFS 16 and Canadian and taking the average between the 10 to 1 and the Kuchera from high to low Okc is looking at 11 to 18 inches. Yes, I know way to soon but even on the low end that is a massive storm for Central Oklahoma. 

If the King (ECMWF/EPS) is not on board, its really not worth taking too seriously imo. That is not to say that the Euro is never wrong, but that it beats all other NWP on a consistent basis. 

5 minutes ago, jojo762 said:

If the King (ECMWF/EPS) is not on board, its really not worth taking too seriously imo. That is not to say that the Euro is never wrong, but that it beats all other NWP on a consistent basis. 

I agree but when I did these figures the latest Euro had not ran yet.

Giving the Euro run and that I do not have access to the Kuchera rates b/c of premium membership so the high end my be off a bit but with the four models Central Ok looks to get anywhere from 11 to 17 inches of snow on an average.

3 minutes ago, lokee said:

Giving the Euro run and that I do not have access to the Kuchera rates b/c of premium membership so the high end my be off a bit but with the four models Central Ok looks to get anywhere from 11 to 17 inches of snow on an average.

Tulsa averages between all 4 models (high end and low end average) 9-17 inches. And pretty much the whole state averages 6in +. I would like to see the Euro ensembles...I bet there are big ones too!

3 minutes ago, ouamber said:

Tulsa averages between all 4 models (high end and low end average) 9-17 inches. And pretty much the whole state averages 6in +. I would like to see the Euro ensembles...I bet there are big ones too!

I agree

5 hours ago, ouamber said:

Here are the members for just this Monday ish system. Keep in mind these are just showing the 10:1 ratio.

image.thumb.png.25b288c3d1a2ba09be5b150daae741f5.png

image.thumb.png.89612cb80c363f31801959a78b321e4a.png

• Like 2