• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

00z GFS is bigly for all of Oklahoma, the entire northwest corner of Texas, all of Kansas, and the southern half of Missouri. All these areas receive a bare minimum of 6" with most receiving 10"+. That would be an impressive storm... But given that SLR's are likely to be unfathomably efficient for our neck of the woods, it's not all that unexpected with a juiced storm system.

For posterity:

Wichita: 11"

Joplin: 12"

Tulsa: 12"+

OKC metro: 12"+

Amarillo: 12"+

Dodge City: 12"+

Topeka: 6"

KC metro: 4-6"

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jojo762 said:

00z GFS is bigly for all of Oklahoma, the entire northwest corner of Texas, all of Kansas, and the southern half of Missouri. All these areas receive a bare minimum of 6" with most receiving 10"+. That would be an impressive storm... But given that SLR's are likely to be unfathomably efficient for our neck of the woods, it's not all that unexpected with a juiced storm system.

Can't wait for the Kuchera clown map. 

It’s good but I prefer 12 or 18z for central Oklahoma. I don’t like the north shift and the more SW-NE axis of heaviest snow on this one. Really screws over our north Texas friends. One more shift like that and OKC-Tulsa would be on the edge of the good stuff. 

Still an amazing run but the jog north is a little concerning still being 4 days out. I’m sure you guys in Kansas loved this one though. We’ll see what the ensembles say.

• Like 1

Just now, JoMo said:

Yeah, the GFS has 20-25 mph winds across SE KS, much of OK and SW MO during the snow.

With SLR's likely to be in the 25-30:1 range, it will be much easier to get white out conditions than we normally would. If the GFS is correct, such conditions are a lock for W KS, OK and parts of N TX. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteoutWX said:

It’s good but I prefer 12 or 18z for central Oklahoma. I don’t like the north shift and the more SW-NE axis of heaviest snow on this one. Really screws over our north Texas friends. One more shift like that and OKC-Tulsa would be on the edge of the good stuff. 

Still an amazing run but the jog north is a little concerning still being 4 days out. I’m sure you guys in Kansas loved this one though. We’ll see what the ensembles say.

Brought it a little more in line with the 12z Euro. The Euro is still a bit farther north than the GFS but the general snow field lines up more.