Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

9 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

You would think at least 1 storm comes north, but doesn’t look like it. The areas around KC are just pivot points. You never want to be a pivot point

Story for us is going to be the cold it seems. Otherwise just hoping to salvage an inch or two over the next week. It does seem like the far SE areas of the metro are very close, but I'm also north of the river in Gladstone. 

If I’m in S KS, if the trend today has not been all the best. A deeper, more south-trending storm system. We’ll have to see how deep tomorrow’s system digs to get a better handle on the weekend system. 

8 of the 20 members in the 18z GFS Ensembles have less than 6 inches of accumulation thru 96 hours. On to the 00z suite. 

1 minute ago, rockchalk83 said:

If I’m in S KS, if the trend today has not been all the best. A deeper, more south-trending storm system. 

8 of the 20 members in the 18z GFS Ensembles have less than 6 inches of accumulation thru 96 hours. On to the 00z suite. 

If it keeps trending South, the equator will be in play....I’ll see myself out

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StormChazer said:

image.thumb.png.e8216cdd3b5e384465ac1e4e3684fad9.pngInteresting because it gives western OK(currently projected to get the most) the very least.

The system moves in early Sunday before Sunset and exits quickly. Hence the lighter totals for some.

So odd that NW ok is getting so little on the Nam.

00z NBM snow map continues to be a compromise between the more bullish ECMWF/GFS and the more bearish GEM.

However, something appears to be awry with the aggregate SLRs in the model, as the QPF field would indicate a much more bullish snow solution --  more in line with the GFS/Euro, especially for the western half of Oklahoma. Interestingly there is a rather steep gradient in the QPF output on the NBM that essentially bifurcates Oklahoma and Kansas -- not exactly buying that.

2-11 00z NBM Snow.PNG

2-11 00z NBM QPF.PNG

• Like 1