• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

People need to realize that it does that on the other side too - ..i.e,. it raises heights too emphatically over eastern N/A when there are settle-out depressions in the hypsometric layout over the west.   

I wonder if the big D6.5 to 10 warm spell isn't getting a 20% kickback or some indeterminate amount, too -

and again... yes, Will is right that the GFS tends to do better in faster flows... but, it also is "too fast" relative to that fast flow too - 

It's too fast relative to any circumstance - so the underlying canvas is fast and that does happen to placate a model that has a fast error -

flirts with making it right for the wrong reasons. 

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it’s been a bad model.  12 hours ago (1 run of the old Euro) it had a 990-something cyclone plowing into PWM with strong conveyor belts.

Forky’s animation is hilarious for the KING.

It hasn’t been the king in A Long Time.  It flat out sucks now. Been getting progressively worse too with each so called upgrade.  

What a shame, they ruined that model from what it once was.  

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The trend actually probably helps you and people East get more QPF. I’m as big of a Stein guy as you, but this looks like a solid 1” plus.... and more like 1.5-2”

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sell. Not done progressing . Trend not your slow moving friend you bought this morning 

Meh like yesterday you can't persistence forecast forever 

Just now, dryslot said:

I may have to road trip up to area51

Find some plateau up there at 2,500ft and do some riding around lol.

925mb still is extremely marginal, I think you’d want at least 2000ft or more in elevation... what’s the elevation around Jackman?  That’s where I think the best shot at CCB snows might be.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Find some plateau up there at 2,500ft and do some riding around lol.

925mb still is extremely marginal, I think you’d want at least 2000ft or more in elevation... what’s the elevation around Jackman?  That’s where I think the best shot at CCB snows might be.

Yeah, In town its 1,375" which i don't think will cut it, You would have to back road in on some old logging roads to get up in some higher elevations to the NW.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah you shook weenies need to get over it. He gone. 

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

So if I pull up the drought monitor next week, it won’t show any drought conditions in the northeast?

Yeah... yesterday was nice... but to be fair, long way to go. The pond at work doesn’t look any different today... we’re going to need to string some events together 

25 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, In town its 1,375" which i don't think will cut it, You would have to back road in on some old logging roads to get up in some higher elevations to the NW.

Where ever that photo from May was taken of your buddy servicing the wind farm seems like a good place to start lol.