Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, ineedsnow said:

If we do get something  and lose power for a third time here I'm getting a generator!  Just about every model is very active and shows some fun 

Belchertown is really weird when it comes to power. Extreme southern end near Ludlow and Bay Rd area seems to lose power any time a squirrel farts while walking the lines. Prior to the past month we had lost power once due to a storm and once they turned it off to replace a pole that was struck in two years. And we have had some very intense thunderstorms and wind. The past month we have lost it 4-5 times. Not sure what is going on. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Belchertown is really weird when it comes to power. Extreme southern end near Ludlow and Bay Rd area seems to lose power any time a squirrel farts while walking the lines. Prior to the past month we had lost power once due to a storm and once they turned it off to replace a pole that was struck in two years. And we have had some very intense thunderstorms and wind. The past month we have lost it 4-5 times. Not sure what is going on. 

Yeah it stinks.. I love big storms but losing power isn't  fun with a very active 3 year old lol  

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Apples and Oranges. One is an ensemble of an anomaly. The other is deterministic. 

But they’re both still speculation until it actually happens, or does not happen.  So I can kind of see Ginx’s point.  

The big storm idea has been there now for quite sometime...yes still quite the ways out, but it’s not two weeks plus anymore either.  

So hey, it’s something to glimpse at for now. We all know the deal.   If it gets under 200 hours, we’ll all be pretty interested I think. 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Nammy still hitting on for most 1-2" qpf with snow in the higher elevations of NH/ME.

I actually think in this area it might finally be getting the right idea... several inches on Mansfield and the Spine above 2500-3000ft.

This big widespread swaths of snow were lol here... that map is what it should look like just dotting the peaks.

5A5C865B-C3CE-455E-8F5D-5D4120C0ECCD.thumb.png.0ac63068cab271b3347be4327608e3cb.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I actually think in this area it might finally be getting the right idea... several inches on Mansfield and the Spine above 2500-3000ft.

This big widespread deaths of snow were lol here... that map is what it should look like just dotting the peaks.

5A5C865B-C3CE-455E-8F5D-5D4120C0ECCD.thumb.png.0ac63068cab271b3347be4327608e3cb.png

I think some of those other runs were going nuts with QPF there too. Probably tried to get dynamics involved. Looks like that shifted NE on this run verbatim. Should be cool to see Saturday morning up there. 

• Like 1