Total Members
    Most Online
    PoZitron20
    Newest Member
    PoZitron20
George BM

September Banter 2020

32 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Outside chance of sub-50 low here tomorrow night. 

We are staying in Luray the first weekend In October. Hoping for some real chill in the air in the higher elevations by then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chris78 said:

We are staying in Luray the first weekend In October. Hoping for some real chill in the air in the higher elevations by then.

Nice, are you guys doing tent, cabin, or rental?

7 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The forecast for the CO front range is mind-boggling.  90s on Monday, and a snowstorm on Tuesday.  The Euro has a 40 degree drop in 6 hours at Boulder.  

Yeah I didn't think that would quite play out as the Euro was depicting a couple days ago, but it seems pretty likely now. The other globals have moved toward the idea of really digging that trough and closing it off, although still some disagreement on exact location.

8 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

The forecast for the CO front range is mind-boggling.  90s on Monday, and a snowstorm on Tuesday.  The Euro has a 40 degree drop in 6 hours at Boulder.  

I actually am semi considering a chase . Would be a fun very early snow fix :snowing:. Especially since the media says we're all going to die from Covid by end of the year now lol. I want to see as much snow as possible before kicking the Covid bucket. 

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I actually am semi considering a chase . Would be a fun very early snow fix :snowing:. Especially since the media says we're all going to die from Covid by end of the year now lol. I want to see as much snow as possible before kicking the Covid bucket. 

I’ve only followed the temp contrast. Are they expecting wind with the snow? 

12 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’ve only followed the temp contrast. Are they expecting wind with the snow? 

I didn't see much wind on the Euro product but didn't look too deeply yet. 

Heavyyy wet paste would be awesome 

14 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I am chasing

• Weenie 1

53 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yeah. Even if it doesn’t produce there’s never a bad reason to visit Colorado. Beautiful state.

• Like 1

My call is the foothills west of Denver get clocked pretty good with heavy wet snow, and in Denver proper there will be some snow but it will struggle to accumulate with marginal temps and warm ground, with several days in the 80s and 90s leading in.

Going from 60s to snow is one thing...90s? lol

21 minutes ago, CAPE said:

My call is the foothills west of Denver get clocked pretty good with heavy wet snow, and in Denver proper there will be some snow but it will struggle to accumulate with marginal temps and warm ground, with several days in the 80s and 90s leading in.

Going from 60s to snow is one thing...90s? lol

Agree . Need a bit more elevation and west . 

Buttttt ..if I had a dime for everytime a weather man said it was too warm the day before 50.. 60..even 70 to accumulate and I ended up measuring several inches I'd be sitting in Red Lobster.  And Denver is at 5000' . Never know 

Looks like my oldest daughter ( senior in HS) will have to do all  her dual enrollment classes all from her phone as best as she can for the rest of the year.  Wifi too hit and miss on her laptop.  Her phone cuts out too but is better overall.  What a  joke:axe: . She's already frustrated. My youngest starts Tuesday.  She went to her friend's house for a couple hours 1 day but her friends classes are at different times.

• Sad 3

23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Looks like my oldest daughter ( senior in HS) will have to do all  her dual enrollment classes all from her phone as best as she can for the rest of the year.  Wifi too hit and miss on her laptop.  Her phone cuts out too but is better overall.  What a  joke:axe: . She's already frustrated. My youngest starts Tuesday.  She went to her friend's house for a couple hours 1 day but her friends classes are at different times.

That's awful. Shouldn't be that hard to do school work. Last spring during the shut down our wifi was a mess.Hopefully there back in school quickly and safely.

I have a 5th and 1st grader and we enrolled them in a program where they both attended nursery school at. They help them log in to their zoom classes and provide assistance if they need it. My daughter (the 5th grader ) is fairly self sufficient but My son ( 1st grader) pretty much needs someone helping him throughout the day. My wife works from home but it really wasn't feasable for her to do her job and also be a teacher to our kids so we hesitantly signed them up for the program. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

You sure it's the wi-fi? Or is it the actual internet connection. Wireless connections are usually very reliable as long as you are solidly in range of the AP.  

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

You sure it's the wi-fi? Or is it the actual internet connection. Wireless connections are usually very reliable as long as you are solidly in range of the AP.  

Definitely the wifi . My last 3 houses all have had minimal signals . Usually 1 bar occasionally 2 bar and the quality of the signal has also been mediocre even when a booster is used . The price us far out burbs people pay lol. 

33 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Definitely the wifi . My last 3 houses all have had minimal signals . Usually 1 bar occasionally 2 bar and the quality of the signal has also been mediocre even when a booster is used . The price us far out burbs people pay lol. 

We have had issues when there are so many devices pulling on the Wi-Fi. Have you tryed turning off the Wi-Fi to anything not being used? That has seemed to help us.

15 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

We have had issues when there are so many devices pulling on the Wi-Fi. Have you tryed turning off the Wi-Fi to anything not being used? That has seemed to help us.

I've tried all the tricks B)

My other house I built a 20 foot pole extension on my roooof with a 360 degree yagi antenna to get over the trees . It helped maybe 10 to 20% lol

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I've tried all the tricks B)

Have you looked into a mesh WiFi system? I had issues here at Deep Creek with dead zones in the house especially in the basement or top floor away from the router. Ever since we installed the mesh system, we’ve had no issues. And we are heavy users of the system (work from home, only stream TV, devices, etc). 

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Oh gotcha. Thought you were talking about a LAN wi-fi connection, like there was an issue with her laptop network card.

I am lucky here, The CO in Greensboro has DSL, and I am right at the wire mile limit, so I can can get a whopping 1.6 Mbps. At some point I will go to cellular but the DSL is cheap. I have to to pay a fee to keep the land line active to use it though.

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Don't look now, but after 19 consecutive losses to the Bombers at OPCY...the Birds are officially on a winning streak.  :)

That's 2 in a row against NY