• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Santana 1888
    Newest Member
    Santana 1888
George BM

September Banter 2020

All of the inevitable politics aside, it’s so sad when this country loses someone that spent their entire life in service of it. Despite multiple bouts of cancer, she rarely missed a day on the job. Exceptional people are hard to come by. Wish we had more. 

• Like 10

On 9/18/2020 at 8:56 PM, psuhoffman said:

:facepalm:

I feel like choosing the next person on the basis of gender and rather than on the basis of merit kinda goes against what RG3 was all about..

Now that we have a first freeze competition, we need a competition to see when the last pumpkin spice product leaves the shelves.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 40westwx said:

I feel like choosing the next person on the basis of gender and rather than on the basis of merit kinda goes against what RG3 was all about..

:blink: I thought RG3 was all about the run-pass option and getting hurt?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Can't remember a cool stretch like this in mid September. Fantastic night!!!! At the firepit 

Yeah, this is phenomenal. I have no recollection of wx like this in mid sept in these parts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Let's get a half foot of snow from a clipper with temps in the teens this winter. :weenie:

Teens below zero? :P

Another "flizzard" aka 02.15.2015?

It's cool watching snowdevils whizzing through the pasture, two inches of powder with 60mph gusts do amazing things!

• Weenie 1

33 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Teens below zero? :P

Another "flizzard" aka 02.15.2015?

It's cool watching snowdevils whizzing through the pasture, two inches of powder with 60mph gusts do amazing things!

Nah... snowfall rates need to be AT LEAST as intense as they were during your 'Spooky Scary Goose Whiteout'.

Heck, why stop there. We should go all the way for @RDM's vertigo glacier special. A couple QLCS spin-ups along the leading edge would be a nice touch as well.

50 minutes ago, George BM said:

Nah... snowfall rates need to be AT LEAST as intense as they were during your 'Spooky Scary Goose Whiteout'.

Heck, why stop there. We should go all the way for @RDM's vertigo glacier special. A couple QLCS spin-ups along the leading edge would be a nice touch as well.

That 01.25.85 event was a lifetime event for MD it seems.

Last winter, did feature two warned events (snow squall warning) for us and we managed to squeak 8" approx season total for snow.  But for folks not too far south of here the snow drought was very real.

We can do wind very well.  Imagine if the March 02 2018 event had the snowfall of the Feb 23 2016 system!  It was windy at times (2016) but getting 70mph gusts with 3+ inch/hr rates would be interesting.  Only thing better would be a 125 mph derecho with pea sized hail that reached up to car windows.

Let's not forget the ice storm of 02.05.2014.  We got hammered here, solid 500 (1/2" accretion).  Fortunately it wasn't windy but power lines and especially trees were a mess.  Matter of fact I still have some wood left from that one.  Balsams don't do ice well at all.

2514-ice.jpg

2514-ice-accretion-115kv.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Perfect telescope weather- my oldest son and I have been out this evening looking at Jupiter and Saturn. :thumbsup:

Nice, we did the same last night.   All 4 Galilean moons were lined up nicely to the left of Jupiter.  

• Like 1

Wondering if I am being too late with my freeze predictions.   Freeze warnings up out west already.  Have to sleep on it and hope for a sign.

One of snowshoe’s webcams has some flying stuff on it... Might be dust, might be flakes... it’s apparently 39 up there as of 9:49 so who knows.

Another bad break for Tavon Young. Season ending knee injury. Three of his first five seasons have now ended with major injuries.

The Ravens love the guy, but he cant stay on the field. They were depending on him to be a major contributor in the secondary this season.

• Sad 1

Seems many of the injuries have occurred on synthetic surfaces. The technologies vary somewhat, and are better than 20 years ago, but still generally suck.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

This Eps member give the nw burbs their first winter storm warning event 

On October 2nd :popcorn:

PhotoPictureResizer_200921_072729661_crop_1306x1034.jpg

sign me up

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Seems many of the injuries have occurred on synthetic surfaces. The technologies vary somewhat, and are better than 20 years ago, but still generally suck.

I wonder if its the fields or the shoes.  Some fields it looks like the turf is so deep it locks the foot in and then the torque from a player making a move causes knees to get wrecked.  But that has to be a function of the shoe as well, one would think.  If that helps lock the foot into the turf with no give then there ya go.  ACL MCL ripped to shreds.

4 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

This Eps member give the nw burbs their first winter storm warning event 

On OCTOBER 2nd :popcorn:

Let the weenie suicides begin. 

PhotoPictureResizer_200921_072729661_crop_1306x1034.jpg

Autumn colors means no snow.  Looks warm