• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

Heaviest shower of the day. Things have dusted up nicely. It's 22.3 and breezy. This is probably the last of the season and it was a good way to end. I enjoyed today.
Yup, it's been a nice last hurrah. I've had flurries pretty much all day. Currently 18 with moderate snow. Should be a nice coating on everything in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mercurydime said:

I have not done opening day in I can't tell you when. You do any good?

I usually don't go opening day either but time is of the essence now. I went up to South Toe in Yancey County and caught 4 including a 17 inch rainbow. I missed a rainbow closer to 20. Wading was unpleasant but water levels were about perfect. There were fewer people fishing than I have ever seen on opening day. Weather played a big part but I've seen even colder opening days. 

FB_IMG_1617488698112.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, wncsnow said:

I usually don't go opening day either but time is of the essence now. I went up to South Toe in Yancey County and caught 4 including a 17 inch rainbow. I missed a rainbow closer to 20. Wading was unpleasant but water levels were about perfect. There were fewer people fishing than I have ever seen on opening day. Weather played a big part but I've seen even colder opening days. 

FB_IMG_1617488698112.jpg

A good time to go fishin' is when you can! Glad to see you enjoyed yourself! We'll go one of these first days, hopefully.  

FB_IMG_1617488698112.thumb.jpg.87079ef04bfa0d7146226456d7b48022.jpg
I was gonna go but had to help a friend move after she had paid someone $5k up front to move her and they did a halfway job and split. Maybe I'll get out tomorrow for a few.

Beautiful trout man!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just getting settled back in at the house after our having our first baby. Little boy and everything went great. We were in the hospital for the duration of the worst of the cold. Was pouring snow on us walking in which was pretty cool for this weather geek.

We bottomed out at 13 at the house Friday morning after only reaching 32.7 on Thursday. Wound up with a nice dusting too after the late heavier showers.

Happy Easter everybody!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Tyler Penland said:

Just getting settled back in at the house after our having our first baby. Little boy and everything went great. We were in the hospital for the duration of the worst of the cold. Was pouring snow on us walking in which was pretty cool for this weather geek.

We bottomed out at 13 at the house Friday morning after only reaching 32.7 on Thursday. Wound up with a nice dusting too after the late heavier showers.

Happy Easter everybody!

Congratulations!  Major life change inbound. Enjoy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tyler Penland said:

Happy Easter everybody!

Congratulations on your new member of the family. 

• Like 2

On 4/4/2021 at 1:59 PM, Tyler Penland said:

Happy Easter everybody!

Congrats!!!

Not sure who all uses the NC EcoNet stations but they updated their website, dashboard, and added new features on Monday. 

I'm loving it so far, playing with the Mtn Research Station data. We had patchy frost yesterday morning (34.4°F) but only managed to dip down to 37.9°F this morning, no dice. 

Link: https://products.climate.ncsu.edu/cardinal/scout/?station=WAYN 

4721.thumb.png.3b3568a354b97ef0c77b3b1b8ed2ad39.png

• Like 3

• jburns unpinned this topic