• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    First tracks
    Newest Member
    First tracks

August Banter 2020

Carroll county positivity rate down to a miniscal ( .9%) . Time to climb out the basement.  Doesn't get any safer unless of course you're waiting for it go to 0 . In that case it might be a few years :D

• Like 1

Washington county hasn't released there school day schedule yet but My wife and I decided to enroll our kids at a place they both attended preschool at. Basically they will help our kids get onto there zoom classes each day and help them with there school work. My wife and I both  feel guilty as hell but I do not have an option to work from home and even with my wife working from home there's no way she can do her job and help our 1st and 5th grader with there school work all day. My 5th grade daughter is fairly self sufficient but for my 1st grade son you pretty much have to sit beside him and help him the entire way through his school day. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Carroll county positivity rate down to a miniscal ( .9%) . Time to climb out the basement.  Doesn't get any safer unless of course you're waiting for it go to 0 . In that case it might be a few years :D

472 cases and 3 deaths in Caroline. Living in an area with an extremely low population density has its advantages.

Everyone here seems to comply with mask wearing, minus a few exceptions. Always a Karen or 2 around. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Washington county hasn't released there school day schedule yet but My wife and I decided to enroll our kids at a place they both attended preschool at. Basically they will help our kids get onto there zoom classes each day and help them with there school work. My wife and I both  feel guilty as hell but I do not have an option to work from home and even with my wife working from home there's no way she can do her job and help our 1st and 5th grader with there school work all day. My 5th grade daughter is fairly self sufficient but for my 1st grade son you pretty much have to sit beside him and help him the entire way through his school day. 

Imo Washington county should absolutely be in school in person at minimum hybrid . Virus almost non existent there . 

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

472 cases and 3 deaths in Caroline. Living in an area with an extremely low population density has its advantages.

Everyone here seems to comply with mask wearing, minus a few exceptions. Always a Karen or 2 around. :lol:

Karen? I knew a Karen and she was fineeee:whistle:

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Karen? I knew a Karen and she was fineeee:whistle:

lol

Its one of those trendy terms/memes.

Look it up on urban dictionary. I better be careful, because its probably considered sexist, although there should be the equivalent for men too.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Chad...always mad...

Never just a tad 

He's forever glad ...

To be so bad...

He's a stubborn lad ...

If only he could be more  RAD..

But sadly ..he's just Chad :whistle:

Did you come up with that?

If so, I am impressed lol.

I like it. So it is official- the male counterpart to a Karen, is a Chad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Been a rough week for the O's. Dreams of a playoff game fading away lol 

Well as long as you have one of the best two records after the first six teams (1st and 2nd place in each division) make the playoffs... could still make it lol.  My Rangers are 10-14 right now

So proud of the younger Miss J today. Her and her friends have been doing a zoom of their D&D group. Well today she found out that one of her friends who had said yes to wanting to join was wondering why she was not part of the group. This friend looses her phone and also gets privileges revoked and apparently since she could not reply they cut her out of the group. My daughter felt it was an easy enough fix to allow her friend in, but the others said no as it would be too much work to include her. Needless to say my daughter felt that was not right and withdrew herself from the group. 

We have always taught our girls to be inclusive and to find ways to work things out. I don't know much about the game and while my husband does and said that they would have to work in another character into the campaign that it could be done. I know my daughter would have made it work.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

So proud of the younger Miss J today. Her and her friends have been doing a zoom of their D&D group. Well today she found out that one of her friends who had said yes to wanting to join was wondering why she was not part of the group. This friend looses her phone and also gets privileges revoked and apparently since she could not reply they cut her out of the group. My daughter felt it was an easy enough fix to allow her friend in, but the others said no as it would be too much work to include her. Needless to say my daughter felt that was not right and withdrew herself from the group. 

We have always taught our girls to be inclusive and to find ways to work things out. I don't know much about the game and while my husband does and said that they would have to work in another character into the campaign that it could be done. I know my daughter would have made it work.  

“As you sow, so shall you reap” what an outstanding crop you will have, Mr & Mrs J. As always .... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Tom Tasselmeyer keeps calling Laura "Isaias" on Twitter and it's making me twitchy.  

They look like they might be automatic tweets. Must not have changed the terminology on them lol

I must confess to feeling immense relief, that Marco then Laura will smash into the TX/LA state border and miss Austin completely! The surprise rain this morning at 630am CDT was bad enough! Louisiana can have all that rain! I'd rather have blue skies and summer heat here in central Texas in August!

Man that was a very close call!

27 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Hope you don’t think I’m going all “I know everything about grass” lol, but much of what I’ve read suggests single deep waterings as opposed to frequent shallow waterings. The thought process being if water is always present near the surface the roots have no need to go deep.

26 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

If that was in Winchester they’d put up another red light.

30 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Not an expert by any means, but for me it looks like Laura is extremely healthy and just waiting for open water.

Groundskeeper, civil engineer, and meteorologist. Did you stay in a Holiday Inn last night?

B)