Total Members
    Most Online
    Hc7
    Newest Member
    Hc7

Saturday, June 27 - Sunday, June 28, 2020 Convective Thread

10 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

You mean something different like this?

And why the hostility?   if you've read any of my posts, they were tied to the HRRR depiction relative to current radar.  I said repeatedly something along  the lines of "I'm not saying it won't miss......".  But interpret things as you will.

Screenshot_2020-06-27 weatherTAP Radar Northeast Region.png

No hostility at all. Just expressing that I don’t see this being soaking rains for the region. I’ll stand by that as the stuff is drying up as Scoots said. Hopefully someone scores a few heavier downpours 

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Dew is 65 here. Ain’t that low.

Lol it was in the 50s all night and morning.  Temp was 57 this morning when I woke up. Fantastic morning all yard work complete.  We swim before the soaker

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol it was in the 50s all night and morning.  Temp was 57 this morning when I woke up. Fantastic morning all yard work complete.  We swim before the soaker

56.5 was surprised it was this cool this am

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

You mean something different like this?

And why the hostility?   if you've read any of my posts, they were tied to the HRRR depiction relative to current radar.  I said repeatedly something along  the lines of "I'm not saying it won't miss......".  But interpret things as you will.

Screenshot_2020-06-27 weatherTAP Radar Northeast Region.png

In winter everyone would be drooling looking at that radar advance west to east...there’d be calls for schools and businesses to close early.  Most folks looking for a fast 3-5” but an enthusiastic poster would likely say 4-8”.

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

In winter everyone would be drooling looking at that radar advance west to east...there’d be calls for schools and businesses to close early.  Most folks looking for a fast 3-5” but an enthusiastic poster would likely say 4-8”.

:lmao:

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

Maybe switch to Albany radar?

Umm I looked at all 3. The east stuff is eroding. Why are you arguing what Scooter said would happen that is happening? There looks to be an area like Legro said right on the pike that couid maybe get .25, but most are way under that 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Umm I looked at all 3. The east stuff is eroding. Why are you arguing what Scooter said would happen that is happening? There looks to be an area like Legro said right on the pike that couid maybe get .25, but most are way under that 

Currently I don’t see anything eroding.. maybe in a bit...

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think the nrn half of the shield is, but the pike south stuff has some decent forcing like Chris said. That may hold.

4 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

ITS RAINING WOOOO HOO!!!!!!

Had a few drops, first in 15 days...nothing as of now though. Hopefully we have more of a NW to SE movement or we are going to remain mostly dry down here

10 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Currently I don’t see anything eroding.. maybe in a bit...

You are using the old radar. Those are birds.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think the nrn half of the shield is, but the pike south stuff has some decent forcing like Chris said. That may hold.

I thought he said north and south of that pike area not much. If it’s not over .50 it’s not a soaking. Couple fellas on here calling for that. I truly hope they’re right but I will stand by under .25 here 

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I thought he said north and south of that pike area not much. If it’s not over .50 it’s not a soaking. Couple fellas on here calling for that. I truly hope they’re right but I will stand by under .25 here 

Last night you said nothing about under a quarter inch and a "soaking" was multiple inches over a couple days. 

Hopefully you get some rain, ha.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Last night you said nothing about under a quarter inch and a "soaking" was multiple inches over a couple days. 

Hopefully you get some rain, ha.

Oh it’ll rain lightly. But color me skeptical on the guys calling for soakings regionally . We’ll verify this evening 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why are you using NWS radars #1? It’s not 1997. Most of that is high based . It’s only really light rain under a small area like HRRR depicts . We’re going to get screwed again, not a surprise to me at all. But seems like you’re thinking good rains. Good luck 

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

:lol::lol::lol:

rn- just started here in ORH.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Oh it’ll rain lightly. But color me skeptical on the guys calling for soakings regionally . We’ll verify this evening 

There's a swath of half inch rains like BGM, MSV and looks like it's heading down the Pike region.  The vegetation will appreciate it. 

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

:lol::lol::lol:

rn- just started here in ORH.

I don’t use NWS radars and haven’t for many many years lol. There’s about 8 other sources that are free that are better . 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

There's a swath of half inch rains like BGM, MSV and looks like it's heading down the Pike region.  The vegetation will appreciate it. 

Yeah pike north stuff is shredding, but holding up for now south it seems. If it continues that’s better than I thought. But there is decent forcing for .25-.5”