• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Saturday, June 27 - Sunday, June 28, 2020 Convective Thread

weatherwiz

I feel like this is setting up to piss DIT off with like a “pedestrian soaking” if there’s such a thing... it’ll be just enough of a soaking to get comments on drought relief without being impressive.  

I get the vibe some want it to miss north or bring 2-3”.... 0.47”, no thanks lol.

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I feel like this is setting up to piss DIT off with like a “pedestrian soaking” if there’s such a thing... it’ll be just enough of a soaking to get comments on drought relief without being impressive.  

I get the vibe some want it to miss north or bring 2-3”.... 0.47”, no thanks lol.

Ginx says soaking . To me soaking is a couple inches of rain over a period of days. Not 2 downpours. As far as low dews.. not seeing that 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ginx says soaking . To me soaking is a couple inches of rain over a period of days. Not 2 downpours. As far as low dews.. not seeing that 

What?  You can get a nice soaking from like 0.30-0.50”.  I’m sure your lawn would agree.  

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If that falls in 10 minutes.. no. If it’s over a few hours it helps yes . I just don’t see widespread soaking . Hope I’m wrong . We’ll verify tomorrow  this time. 

I guess it’s all based on expectations.  Which I already get the idea won’t be met in your case lol.

I could see a nice drenching half an inch for you.

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It would be nice to get some rain and bring the water table back up....I close on a house in August, I do not want to have to worry about the well going dry as soon as I move in!

8 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

It would be nice to get some rain and bring the water table back up....I close on a house in August, I do not want to have to worry about the well going dry as soon as I move in!

I hear you man. I have never seen it like this . I’m a lawn guy and typically will water, but my gut says this summer is record dry and hot and I decided not to risk my well. I hope these guys calling for big, widespread soakings are correct tomorrow. In my experience, these MCS are never modeled or forecast correctly . Maybe these guys will nail this one. Until it’s raining and radar looks great , I’ll remain skeptical. Just took this a little while ago . 15 straight days of no rain 

j4iFn6T.jpg