Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

8 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

At least fall has the foliage. Spring is utterly useless in New England. Pure garbage. I wish we’d go right from winter to summer. 

7 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

You know what doesn't make spring any better in New England? Global pandemics.

Cuz you Mets end spring too early. Spring from mid May to Mid June is among the finest weather periods in New England as well as the rebirth of the landscape. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think we’ll take the Mets ideas and expertise over a set of charts that hasn’t been right in any season ever. Should be plenty of warmth and humidity next 10 days. Unless you missed the memo.. I’m a dew guy.. much prefer high dews even if it’s 78/70. I couldn’t care less about big heat unless it’s accompanied by high dews 

How did your dry rain workout today?

What a bizarre pattern with that ULL and moisture pivoting in off MA Bay and Gulf of Maine. Convective looking too. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that. I know back in ‘87 we had something similar with convection coming in from the NE. Gave Salisbury wind damage one night from NE winds. Strange indeed.

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What a bizarre pattern with that ULL and moisture pivoting in off MA Bay and Gulf of Maine. Convective looking too. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that. I know back in ‘87 we had something similar with convection coming in from the NE. Gave Salisbury wind damage one night from NE winds. Strange indeed.

Dendy drought is over. The chickens can drink again .

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s just widely scattered convection. Some get lucky with inches like you and others little to none. 

Man a few dry weeks have done a number on you.  The PTSD required or mental gymnastics to look at that prog and just call it “widely scattered convection” is hard to fathom.  

Last week we had widely scattered convection and the models looked nothing like they do now.  There will be numerous areas of showers and storms each afternoon it seems.  

Best chance of some rainfall in New England in weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Silly charts 

Since you don't understand that the charts are model output and models change as PF told you yesterday, I figured since you will be on vacation to give you your Euro outlook on da Cape  Enjoy man and hopefully your PTSD is gone when you come back.

download - 2020-06-28T081829.743.png

download - 2020-06-28T081850.278.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Man a few dry weeks have done a number on you.  The PTSD required or mental gymnastics to look at that prog and just call it “widely scattered convection” is hard to fathom.  

Last week we had widely scattered convection and the models looked nothing like they do now.  There will be numerous areas of showers and storms each afternoon it seems.  

Best chance of some rainfall in New England in weeks.

I’m just not seeing this 100% coverage where every city and town gets tons of rain like you’re forecasting. Convection is more hit and miss when there’s not a cold front. These are pulsers. Hope your forecast is right though.  

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m just not seeing this 100% coverage where every city and town gets tons of rain like you’re forecasting. Convection is more hit and miss when there’s not a cold front. These are pulsers. Hope your forecast is right though.  

The mesos have more of a synoptic/convective look to them...especially up here. I think it’s going to be difficult for me to get through the next 5 days without beneficial rain. We’ll see how it goes, but someone in CNE could get a good drink.

3395D56D-C119-4CFA-9A1B-08107473AB6F.gif

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ryan understanding setup. Not a peep from Wiz after yesterday’s fail 

To be fair to Paul...

14 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

We should develop a few severe cells tomorrow...would really watch eastern sections though