• Member Statistics

    16,026
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
    Joined
George BM

May Discobs 2020

Recommended Posts

Last week we were in the 40s and 50s with  850 temps down to -8C or so.  This upcoming week we’ll be in the 40s and 50s with 850s of +8 or higher.  Multiple ways to lose around here.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy mid June today. Tomorrow should be ok for the most part, but there will be a chance of some scattered showers. Still around 80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Last week we were in the 40s and 50s with  850 temps down to -8C or so.  This upcoming week we’ll be in the 40s and 50s with 850s of +8 or higher.  Multiple ways to lose around here.

      well said!     At least last week, we watched places further north being even more cold and miserable (with some snow!), but next week, we'll watch it be 80 by Hudson's Bay and 75 in Maine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Icon gets the ull close to trying to phase in with the Atlantic low . It still escapes but interesting 

Just posted about it in the tropical thread. GFS tries to do it this run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Just posted about it in the tropical thread. GFS tries to do it this run. 

H5 looks like it did

Pennsylvania lollie 8-9"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, losetoa6 said:

H5 looks like it did

Need the euro to get (back) on board. Hard to toss completely absent an organized low. Think we’ll know a lot more by early Sunday when we should have Arthur.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This summer is looking like a hot/humid one with above average rainfall. Maybe not as hot but plenty of 90F days in between

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Euro has rain through Saturday am

3-6" 

Ninjd 

It never really develops the sub tropical low . Not much of a vort signature or surface reflection. The ull is a beast though . 20-35 winds and rain or showers  for 4/5 days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Euro has rain through Saturday am

3-6" 

Ninjd 

It never really develops the sub tropical low . Not much of a vort signature or surface reflection. The ull is a beast though . 20-35 winds and rain or showers  for 4/5 days 

I think it probably works out better(for a more widespread rain event) if the subtropical low gets out of the way. A phase seems like a low probability, but if it hangs closer to the coast near our latitude there may be an area of subsidence on the northern/western side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fall into this trap every year, open the pool early, surely this will be the year 90s return in may.... Enjoying my one pool day in May.  Maybe I get another tomorrow...Then lights out for a while...temp 84, cocktail is cold and alcoholic....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Euro has rain through Saturday am

3-6" 

Ninjd 

It never really develops the sub tropical low . Not much of a vort signature or surface reflection. The ull is a beast though . 20-35 winds and rain or showers  for 4/5 days 

You know what they say up in the New England forum? Wheel-O-Rhea! Also known as a cutoff low that brings in crap weather for sometimes days at a time. What would be May without this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I think it probably works out better(for a more widespread rain event) if the subtropical low gets out of the way. A phase seems like a low probability, but if it hangs closer to the coast near our latitude there may be an area of subsidence on the northern/western side. 

Yea...that inbetween scenario could definitely develop a subsidence area for a time I agree . 

Eps agrees with the operational.  A decent qpf uptick. Member 31+35 are wettttt 8" lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

You know what they say up in the New England forum? Wheel-O-Rhea! Also known as a cutoff low that brings in crap weather for sometimes days at a time. What would be May without this?

April?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, GATECH said:

I fall into this trap every year, open the pool early, surely this will be the year 90s return in may.... Enjoying my one pool day in May.  Maybe I get another tomorrow...Then lights out for a while...temp 84, cocktail is cold and alcoholic....

Sounds amazing!  Enjoy :tomato::sun:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

85° on my PWS and was 78° inside so gave in and turned the a/c on.  Beer is still cold so thats what i want anyways

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely a step in the right direction for rainfall next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.