Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discussion

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Leaves are finally making a showing here.  
I don’t recall delays like this before.  Maybe because I’m sitting at home so much.  
My house is probably 2 weeks behind my workplace in Leominster 

Same here valleys are full bloom though. Lots and lots of chain sawing going on as people see the dead trees all around.  Not just oaks now 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Meanwhile 69/47.  Beautiful!  Gardening in shorts and shirtless.  
May have to throw on some John Mayer!  

Scads of blackflies swarming around me as I did some garden work - spreading leaves and last spring's cow dressing.  Tilling comes next week as hat's when planting starts and I don't want the weeds to get even a week's head start.  Bugs are just checking out the menu at present, but still good at flying into eyes and ears.  Glad there was a decent breeze, most of the time.

Buds breaking on the 3 apple trees but only the Empire (least productive of the 3) shows much for flower buds.  Could not see any on the Haralred, but that tree was loaded last year and even moreso the year before - time for a rest. 

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Maples stating to leaf out but oak and ash buds are just swelling a bit, about average timing for those two.

Definitely a difference here locally between where I live in more rural areas. By a good several days. I don't mind being further along...it's good for the soul to see things coming to life.

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Remember when folks bought the Euro canceling the week with rain and 40’s and 50’s. Sell it again. 

It’s probably one or the other though. If it rots south for 3 days, it’s gotta move northeast eventually. So it just delays the inevitable. I’m going to be the cynic in this one with all the east flow being shown, and be pleasantly surprised if it stays mostly nice.