• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

37 minutes ago, brentrich said:

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo said in today briefing that NY death for May 6th (yesterday) was 231 which was improving. He's a BUST! According to worldometer (where CDC update the reports) shows more than 700+ people died in NY yesterday and 400+ today so far. Why would he lie something like this - not cool. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Cmon man. I'm not a fan of Cuomo but thats weaksauce.

• Like 1

The average age of those dying from this virus are 75. Life expectancy in the US is 78.5.

Data is from CDC for USA.

These numbers are as of a week ago.

Age range Guesstimate Age Deaths
Under 1 year 0 4
1–4 years 2 2
5–14 years 10 3
15–24 years 20 37
25–34 years 30 253
35–44 years 40 627
45–54 years 50 1,721
55–64 years 60 4,199
65–74 years 70 7,220
75–84 years 80 9,142
85 years and over 88 10,305
Total US   33,513
Average age 75.04651926  

38 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The average age of those dying from this virus are 75. Life expectancy in the US is 78.5.

Data is from CDC for USA.

These numbers are as of a week ago.

Age range Guesstimate Age Deaths
Under 1 year 0 4
1–4 years 2 2
5–14 years 10 3
15–24 years 20 37
25–34 years 30 253
35–44 years 40 627
45–54 years 50 1,721
55–64 years 60 4,199
65–74 years 70 7,220
75–84 years 80 9,142
85 years and over 88 10,305
Total US   33,513
Average age 75.04651926  

This must be way old. We’re over 75,000 deaths. We were at 33,513 deaths like a month ago lol. Not saying it’s not accurate but definitely outdated. 

Here's Buffalo

Regular season schedule

Week 1: vs New York Jets, Sunday, Sept. 13

Week 2: at Miami Dolphins, Sunday, Sept. 20

Week 3: vs. Los Angeles Rams, Sunday, Sept. 27

Week 4: at Las Vegas Raiders, Sunday, Oct. 4

Week 5: at Tennessee Titans, Sunday, Oct. 11

Week 6: vs. Kansas City Chiefs, Thursday, October 15 (TNF)

Week 7: at New York Jets, Sunday, October 25

Week 8: vs. New England Patriots, November 1

Week 9: vs. Seattle Seahawks, Sunday, November 8

Week 10: at Arizona Cardinals, Sunday, November 15

Week 11: BYE, Sunday, November 22

Week 12: vs. Los Angeles Chargers, Sunday, November 29

Week 13: at San Francisco 49ers, Monday, December 7 (MNF)

Week 14: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, December 13 (SNF)

Week 15: at Denver Broncos, Saturday, December 19 or Sunday, December 20

Week 16: at Patriots, Monday, December 28 (MNF)

Week 17: vs. Miami Dolphins, Sunday, January 3

22 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Here's Buffalo

Regular season schedule

Week 1: vs New York Jets, Sunday, Sept. 13

Week 2: at Miami Dolphins, Sunday, Sept. 20

Week 3: vs. Los Angeles Rams, Sunday, Sept. 27

Week 4: at Las Vegas Raiders, Sunday, Oct. 4

Week 5: at Tennessee Titans, Sunday, Oct. 11

Week 6: vs. Kansas City Chiefs, Thursday, October 15 (TNF)

Week 7: at New York Jets, Sunday, October 25

Week 8: vs. New England Patriots, November 1

Week 9: vs. Seattle Seahawks, Sunday, November 8

Week 10: at Arizona Cardinals, Sunday, November 15

Week 11: BYE, Sunday, November 22

Week 12: vs. Los Angeles Chargers, Sunday, November 29

Week 13: at San Francisco 49ers, Monday, December 7 (MNF)

Week 14: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, December 13 (SNF)

Week 15: at Denver Broncos, Saturday, December 19 or Sunday, December 20

Week 16: at Patriots, Monday, December 28 (MNF)

Week 17: vs. Miami Dolphins, Sunday, January 3

4 prime time games are tied for most in Franchise history. Beats the 0 we had last year besides thanksgiving and then being flexed into SNF against the Steelers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

4 prime time games are tied for most in Franchise history. Beats the 0 we had last year besides thanksgiving and then being flexed into SNF against the Steelers. 

One of buffalos most exciting years erased by covid. Such a Billsy way to lose out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

One of buffalos most exciting years erased by covid. Such a Billsy way to lose out. 

So true.  Watch the season and playoffs get shortened, but the bills win the Super Bowl...with an asterisk...

2 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

This must be way old. We’re over 75,000 deaths. We were at 33,513 deaths like a month ago lol. Not saying it’s not accurate but definitely outdated. 

Yeah it's old data but pretty clear that this is primarily only affecting the very old. Have them stay at home while we develop herd immunity and we should be good to go. I'm not injecting myself with a rushed vaccine. I'd rather get the virus.

• Like 1

Study: Coronavirus appears to die quickly in direct sunlight

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/study-coronavirus-appears-to-die-quickly-in-direct-sunlight/

“What we have found so far is that sunlight seems to be very detrimental to the virus,” Dabisch explained. “And so within minutes, the majority of the virus is inactivated on surfaces and in the air in direct sunlight.”

8 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

Nursing homes have been the site of many super-spreader events. When testing was nearly unavailable, nursing homes were given priority for test kits. As a result, this data is going to skew to the very old. Age is certainly a risk factor, but there’s an inherent bias in this sample, and if people draw the conclusions that this disease really just kills the elderly, that bias is potentially very dangerous.

10 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah it's old data but pretty clear that this is primarily only affecting the very old. Have them stay at home while we develop herd immunity and we should be good to go. I'm not injecting myself with a rushed vaccine. I'd rather get the virus.

Oh you haven't heard? It's now been stated after, I believe it was senator Rand Paul, was walking around without a mask on be cause he said he tested positive for it. The doctors have quickly said not so fast we are not sure how long anyone who has contracted the virus us immune, if at all, due to there being many strains. This is becoming bullshit.

5 hours ago, WNash said:

Nursing homes have been the site of many super-spreader events. When testing was nearly unavailable, nursing homes were given priority for test kits. As a result, this data is going to skew to the very old. Age is certainly a risk factor, but there’s an inherent bias in this sample, and if people draw the conclusions that this disease really just kills the elderly, that bias is potentially very dangerous.

I believe young people are definitely getting it, my good friend of 25 and his entire family got it. Everyone beat it besides his grandpa of 85 years. He was good after 12 days. It has a low mortality rate for those under 65-70. 

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Oh you haven't heard? It's now been stated after, I believe it was senator Rand Paul, was walking around without a mask on be cause he said he tested positive for it. The doctors have quickly said not so fast we are not sure how long anyone who has contracted the virus us immune, if at all, due to there being many strains. This is becoming bullshit.

That is interesting I was under the impression that if you already had it you had the antibodies to not get it again and that you're no longer contagious, just like any other viral disease. If not I hung out with my buddy who had it a few weeks after he had it. I must be asymptomatic then? ^_^

14 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That is interesting I was under the impression that if you already had it you had the antibodies to not get it again and that you're no longer contagious, just like any other viral disease. If not I hung out with my buddy who had it a few weeks after he had it. I must be asymptomatic then? ^_^

In general yes but there always exceptions.This could behave like mono, where you carry the virus for life and it can be reactivated through environmental stressors. We just don't know yet. 

• Like 1

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/study-coronavirus-appears-to-die-quickly-in-direct-sunlight/

“What we have found so far is that sunlight seems to be very detrimental to the virus,” Dabisch explained. “And so within minutes, the majority of the virus is inactivated on surfaces and in the air in direct sunlight.”

Too bad it doesn't work well in high population in the northeast since the summer is not hot up there and I have been hearing a year without summer this year in the northeast so not good news. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That's the great question now. I'm kinda getting tired of information overload and what is true what is not. I'm getting tested next Friday with my wife (who thankfully tested negative at the time of her test last week) for the antibodies to see if we were ever positive or have immunity. I, like you, am hoping that if you I can had it you will be immune.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, brentrich said:

Too bad it doesn't work well in high population in the northeast since the summer is not hot up there and I have been hearing a year without summer this year in the northeast so not good news. 

This guy is the cold monger. We like the warmth in upstate, you're going to have to go to a different forum. ;) 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I believe young people are definitely getting it, my good friend of 25 and his entire family got it. Everyone beat it besides his grandpa of 85 years. He was good after 12 days. It has a low mortality rate for those under 65-70. 

The data you cite has no information about mortality rates. It’s just a list of total deaths by age group, without even the context of a date. Without reliable mortality rate data and an aggressive testing plan, it’s hard to imagine that people will want to come running back to work.

24 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

That's the great question now. I'm kinda getting tired of information overload and what is true what is not. I'm getting tested next Friday with my wife (who thankfully tested negative at the time of her test last week) for the antibodies to see if we were ever positive or have immunity. I, like you, am hoping that if you I can had it you will be immune.

After Recovery From the Coronavirus, Most People Carry Antibodies

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/health/coronavirus-antibody-prevalence.html

Markets are going up and up. Everything I thought I knew about investments has been thrown out the window. I guess the only thing that maybe makes sense is all of the future earnings are "factored in" to the current market? Consumers drive the economy, corporate earnings are going to be the lowest in nearly a generation.

10 minutes ago, WNash said:

The data you cite has no information about mortality rates. It’s just a list of total deaths by age group, without even the context of a date. Without reliable mortality rate data and an aggressive testing plan, it’s hard to imagine that people will want to come running back to work.

Stop paying them to stay at home and watch how fast they come back to work...

The POTUS was butchered over saying something similar. I for one am hoping to see this to be true - plus the added vitamin D from sunlight helps the immune system. Get outside people!

2 minutes ago, vortmax said:

The POTUS was butchered over saying something similar. I for one am hoping to see this to be true - plus the added vitamin D from sunlight helps the immune system. Get outside people!

Ya and anyone who works in food knows that UV light is used extensively for product and tank headspace purification.

CNN really is fake news, just reading this is facepalm

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/stock-market-news-050820/index.html

Headline- Here's why growing paychecks is bad news

American paychecks just got a whole lot bigger. That's not the great news you'd expect it to be.

Hourly wages were up 4.7% from March to April, significantly higher than the 0.3% average monthly increase from the previous 12 months.

Paychecks grew by nearly 8% from a year ago, way more than the average 3.5% yearly increase Americans have been getting over the past year.

The reason for the giant pay increase was a negative one: So many people in lower-paying services jobs have been among the first to get laid off or furloughed.

Paycheck growth was a strange quirk in the jobs report: More high-income earners stayed in their jobs than low-income workers, skewing the wage data higher.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic