Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 24, 2020 - Coastal Threat

Baroclinic Zone

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The easterly flow at 900-950 could destroy the east slopes there from winter hill to weenie ridge to Ashburnham area. Well see if they stay cold enough. 

Honest to god I may drive around. I was gonna go up north to the lakes region, but only if it’s worth it. Maybe I’ll camp out in Dave’s screen porch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Wow. Woof.

Not that anyone asked, but the 18z ICON also wants to have a very sharp gradient just NW of BOS. 

It's certainly not just high terrain, the models seem to be wanting to move some heavier snow into NE Mass.  Maybe the resolution can't really show it like the 3km NAM but the overall vibe is pretty similar... it may not take much to drop that heavier paste right inside 128 on the north end.

icon-all-neng-total_snow_10to1-5072800.thumb.png.f54d9a24e5e3d4f09449ad3c45d63a1f.png

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Honest to god I may drive around. I was gonna go up north to the lakes region, but only if it’s worth it. Maybe I’ll camp out in Dave’s screen porch. 

If you want to go to best spot in N ORH county on easterly flow, I’d go like rt 101 in Ashburnham off 140 there...there’s some parking lots around too on that road. It’s about 1300 feet there. Weenie ridge in Princeton is never a bad spot but not easy to find a spot to just pull over. I guess you could do ranger station on mountain rd at WaWa....or just hang out a couple hundred feet lower (still 1200 feet) at the center of town.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If you want to go to best spot in N ORH county on easterly flow, I’d go like rt 101 in Ashburnham off 140 there...there’s some parking lots around too on that road. It’s about 1300 feet there. Weenie ridge in Princeton is never a bad spot but not easy to find a spot to just pull over. I guess you could do ranger station on mountain rd at WaWa....or just hang out a couple hundred feet lower (still 1200 feet) at the center of town.

My wife looks at me with disgust, but we’ll see. :lol:    

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My wife looks at me with disgust, but we’ll see. :lol:    

My current spot is really weird. I could see getting 1-2” of slop or 8-10” of paste. Out near 495 at 350-400 feet...could def go either way. 

At least there’s something to track inside of 24 hours here with a lot of uncertainty. Makes each model run interesting. 

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

My current spot is really weird. I could see getting 1-2” of slop or 8-10” of paste. Out near 495 at 350-400 feet...could def go either way. 

At least there’s something to track inside of 24 hours here with a lot of uncertainty. Makes each model run interesting. 

Hell I'm enjoying tracking something even down there.  Anything but the doom and gloom all day long now of COVID.  A reason to look at the models. 

Hope this busts nicely and you all get pasted white.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Razor sharp edge on the 3km simulated radar... the edge is pretty stable there for several hours of pounding to the north.

Almost looks like it's trying to show the Blue Hills there south of BOS with the blue dot (maybe a bit east of Blue Hill?) lol

nam-nest-conus-boston-refc_ptype-5018800.thumb.png.50236bafb129c7b671b5e4a853199fd8.png

Even keeps our NE CT hills snowy 

Its seriously sooo close to  go time with this folks..that are a bit north and inland ...but we have a somewhat rare and large shot for a big surprise snow event down near pike and even a tad south.....we saw some good trends if anyone wants a snow storm to distract them.  Nobody will be out.  How often do we see this from the GFS for a 6 hour total.

boom.jpg

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You could just go to the center of Rutland, they're 1200' elev and usually do well, can even get yourself something at Dunkies while you watch. 

34 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Razor sharp edge on the 3km simulated radar... the edge is pretty stable there for several hours of pounding to the north.

Almost looks like it's trying to show the Blue Hills there south of BOS with the blue dot (maybe a bit east of Blue Hill?) lol

nam-nest-conus-boston-refc_ptype-5018800.thumb.png.50236bafb129c7b671b5e4a853199fd8.png

There is a weenie area near and above 200’ to my ESE. It’s showing that winter the uber reflectivity.  Dynamics obviously playing a role for sure.

32 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah nowcast for sure. I certainly could see wetbulbing should the uber rates come.

Kind of surprised no advisories for CT, i could see at least N litchfield under an advisory, they are boardering a warning in Berkshire county and there's a lot of elevation >1K feet there. I have seen in the past advisories and warnings listed specifically for locations only above 500ft in CT. Not that any of that matters in the outcome, just find it interesting.

7 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Kind of surprised no advisories for CT, i could see at least N litchfield under an advisory, they are boardering a warning in Berkshire county and there's a lot of elevation >1K feet there. I have seen in the past advisories and warnings listed specifically for locations only above 500ft in CT. Not that any of that matters in the outcome, just find it interesting.

Probably waiting to see how 850-925’s look at 0z

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

18z EURO is odd with almost like two different areas of precip.  One moving through SNE and one now up into this area. 

I would imagine it ends up congealed together into one precip shield closer to the SFC low.  Just a very odd look.

26968792-A48B-4651-9FCA-7C07A4BA130E.thumb.png.05b76b849eaf27c8cc0c8b285abd2666.png

7CAACCC8-BE82-4F54-87A5-21D805CE8B69.thumb.png.1c57c3c7e0236b3424679c967f011975.png

It’s still not quite letting go of that northern stream involvement. But it’s been trending a little more toward the more consolidated look. We’ll see which idea wins. I could honestly see it going either way.