Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

16 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Pretty big vaccine news today. Going into final testing phase. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-vaccine-moderna-final-phase-testing/

A bigger sample size will show if it is truly effective, and should show potential side effects. But 100% rate of antibodies is great news any way you look at it 

12 hours ago, Stebo said:

This is why you need to wear a mask, one person infected 44. Now multiply that by the number of egotistical people who refuse to help everyone out by being cautious.

There's really no need for the stereotyping or name calling. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

lol @ thinking egotistical is name calling or a stereotype.

Perhaps the wrong terms   Labeling people selfish (aka egotistical) for not wearing a mask is uncalled for unless you are aware of that person's reasoning.   We're all allowed to make our own choices. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

People are free to get the virus and possibly die if they want to, but not at my risk or expense. I recognize that some cannot wear masks for medical reasons.  That is different.  We are all in this together in my thinking. That is patriotism and love of country. I am pleased by the good vaccine news and hopeful that further extended testing will continue to prove safe and effective.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IWXwx said:

I know that this is not a political thread, but alarms should be raised with the White House's order that the Corona data sent by hospitals go to them rather than the CDC. Months before an election and a political entity is trying direct the conversation. Just wow.  How transparent is this ploy? How are Americans supposed to be honestly informed if the narrative is controlled by a politician.?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20200715&instance_id=20323&nl=the-morning&regi_id=132190987&segment_id=33439&te=1&user_id=6c0c6198ea2aad1257a6d55b6ad8e814

Sorry for the political rant. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Exactly, they are trying to control the numbers being put out. It is incredibly dangerous.

9 hours ago, Jonger said:

Who out there thinks only old people can catch it? It's mainly older people who are dying. That's not in dispute.

Yeah and what are the long lasting impacts? You have no idea, no one does, but everyone knows getting pneumonia is a very bad thing for the body.

1 hour ago, dta1984 said:

Perhaps the wrong terms   Labeling people selfish (aka egotistical) for not wearing a mask is uncalled for unless you are aware of that person's reasoning.   We're all allowed to make our own choices. 

Other than a medical reason, I don't want to hear another reason of 'liberties' or any other nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

10 hours ago, IWXwx said:

I know that this is not a political thread, but alarms should be raised with the White House's order that the Corona data sent by hospitals go to them rather than the CDC. Months before an election and a political entity is trying direct the conversation. Just wow.  How transparent is this ploy? How are Americans supposed to be honestly informed if the narrative is controlled by a politician.?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20200715&instance_id=20323&nl=the-morning&regi_id=132190987&segment_id=33439&te=1&user_id=6c0c6198ea2aad1257a6d55b6ad8e814

Sorry for the political rant. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Reminds me of the $500 Billion in small business stimulus that had oversight eliminated back in March. People still don’t know where all that money went. 

38 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Yeah and what are the long lasting impacts? You have no idea, no one does, but everyone knows getting pneumonia is a very bad thing for the body.

You're not going to avoid getting this anyhow. The hope is to not overload the hospitals with symptomatic people. I mean we could make leaving home illegal and lock everything down for a year.... that's going to destroy the economy for decades.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Guest ovweather
1 hour ago, dta1984 said:

What possible good reason can a person have for not wearing a mask? People shouldn’t be allowed to make their own decisions when it comes to a pandemic and wearing a mask or not. Don’t wear one then be prepared to either be fined or arrested. That’s the way it should be. I’m so sick of all this “I’m not wearing a mask because it’s my right as an American not to.” These people need to get over themselves and realize wearing a mask isn’t about YOU. It’s about those around you.

Guest ovweather
1 hour ago, Stebo said:

I had a nasty case of bacterial pneumonia (brought on by a viral infection) when I was 32 (17 years ago). I was very fit and healthy at the time. Even though both my lungs were infected, I was fortunate to not end up in the hospital. A 3 week course of a strong antibiotic fought off / cleared up the pneumonia just fine. I was left with scarring of my right lung, most likely from the pleurisy attributed to the pneumonia, but the scarring slowly cleared up over the course of a few years. Fortunately, I didn’t suffer any heart problems which can occur with bacterial pneumonia (and apparently with Covid’s viral pneumonia).

The bottom line, we just don’t know yet what the lasting effects from Covid pneumonia can be. Will some people be scarred for life? Certainly something we don’t want to take lightly until researchers and doctors know a lot more.

25 minutes ago, ovweather said:

What possible good reason can a person have for not wearing a mask? People shouldn’t be allowed to make their own decisions when it comes to a pandemic and wearing a mask or not. Don’t wear one then be prepared to either be fined or arrested. That’s the way it should be. I’m so sick of all this “I’m not wearing a mask because it’s my right as an American not to.” These people need to get over themselves and realize wearing a mask isn’t about YOU. It’s about those around you.

I agree with this.  During a pandemic, it should be like a seatbelt law.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jonger said:

You're not going to avoid getting this anyhow. The hope is to not overload the hospitals with symptomatic people. I mean we could make leaving home illegal and lock everything down for a year.... that's going to destroy the economy for decades.

It is always hyperbole with you. Alek is right, after all these years how can you still be this thick.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Always with the insults. That's how these threads always end up getting shut down.

That is about as polite of an 'insult' as one could get. I mean I'm not going to say what I really think of you here, you already know that from the place you were banned from.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stebo said:

That is about as polite of an 'insult' as one could get. I mean I'm not going to say what I really think of you here, you already know that from the place you were banned from.

Yup, the safe space.

Imagine wanting to discuss politics in a place that bans one entire side of the political spectrum and then actually continuing to post there. Even our moderator can't post there. 

Lol

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Yup, the safe space.

Imagine wanting to discuss politics in a place that bans one entire side of the political spectrum and then actually continuing to post there. Even our moderator can't post there. 

Lol

Yeah and he can explain why if he wants, but that is irrelevant as to why you are gone, and it has nothing to do with a 'safe space'.

• Like 1