Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

4 minutes ago, Chambana said:

I am fairly certain I had this virus back around mid March. I awoke one morning around 2AM with a 101 fever and body aches that honestly felt like they were in every crevice of my body. Day two featured one of the most horrendous headaches I’ve ever experienced in my life, like someone took a sledgehammer to my skull, with extreme dizziness, fever lingered as well. Day three featured a horrible headache once again, dizziness, coughing, chills. My cough lingered for two weeks after that. 

Whatever it was, I’m fairly certain was not the flu, as I never had diarrhea or vomiting. 

Same.... between February and April I had about 3 different bouts of something very similar. Not wasting my time with testing so the results can be exploited for political purposes. As it stands now, our governor will be lucky to real in 10% of all business owners votes when she's up for reelection. She's about as popular as a bad case of diarrhea among most business owners.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

5 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Previously, they were dying. I'd say the difference between dead and not dead is a sign that either doctors are better at treating it or the virus isn't as strong.

I'd rather not plunge the country into a 2nd depression over this. That's just my opinion.

It's a really tough situation and most people who are in favor of lockdowns have stable jobs as essential employees. For me it's tough I work in financial services and we have been open entire time but my wife has been shut down since mid march and her benefits run out in 2 weeks. We will be okay for a little bit, but really need to get opened up. She works in foreclosure law and Cuomo is not allowing anyone to pursue foreclosures until at least Aug 19th and that likely gets extended well beyond that...200 person law firm is laid off and most make more at work then on UI. Once that $600 goes away in 2 weeks lots of people are screwed.

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

It's a really tough situation and most people who are in favor of lockdowns have stable jobs as essential employees. For me it's tough I work in financial services and we have been open entire time but my wife has been shut down since mid march and her benefits run out in 2 weeks. We will be okay for a little bit, but really need to get opened up. She works in foreclosure law and cuomo is not allowing anyone to persue foreclosures until at least Aug 19th and that likely gets extended well beyond that...200 person law firm is laid off and most make more at work then on UI. Once that $600 goes away in 2 weeks lots of people are screwed.

This has been a god send for my business. We passed our 2019 sales totals 3 weeks ago. 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Chambana said:

I am fairly certain I had this virus back around mid March. I awoke one morning around 2AM with a 101 fever and body aches that honestly felt like they were in every crevice of my body. Day two featured one of the most horrendous headaches I’ve ever experienced in my life, like someone took a sledgehammer to my skull, with extreme dizziness, fever lingered as well. Day three featured a horrible headache once again, dizziness, coughing, chills. My cough lingered for two weeks after that. 

Whatever it was, I’m fairly certain was not the flu, as I never had diarrhea or vomiting. 

I remember you being sick because I was sick around the same time.  Didn't have the bad headaches but had all of the other symptoms.  Fortunately my cough and shortness of breath were of relatively short duration.  The biggest oddity to me was the fever that lasted almost a full week.  Never had anything like that.  I did start getting better the day after taking Z pack so perhaps it was something else or my body was about to kick it anyway.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I remember you being sick because I was sick around the same time.  Didn't have the bad headaches but had all of the other symptoms.  Fortunately my cough and shortness of breath were of relatively short duration.  The biggest oddity to me was the fever that lasted almost a full week.  Never had anything like that.  I did start getting better the day after taking Z pack so perhaps it was something else or my body was about to kick it anyway.

I was getting ready to edit my post and tag you, because I remember we were sick the exact same time. I’m about 85% sure I had COVID-19 then. My company actually is giving everyone 10% bonus  on every pay check until 12/31/20 for working during the pandemic. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

If you are sick for a week or two and then return to normal, then sure, it's not that big a deal at the end of the day.  The problem is when it doesn't go that way.  The longer term phenomenon is a real thing, we just don't know how prevalent that is.  And at this point it seems like there really isn't anything that doctors can do if you fall into that group that experiences longer term symptoms.  Just give it time and hope for the best. 

True, but you're mainly hearing about the cases that turn out this way. Heck, half the population shows no symptoms as it is. 

Maybe people will take care of themselves better going forward and when the next virus rolls through they won't end up 6 feet deep because of being careless with their diet. I had my own wakeup call 3 years ago and I'm glad I did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonger said:

Previously, they were dying. I'd say the difference between dead and not dead is a sign that either doctors are better at treating it or the virus isn't as strong.

I'd rather not plunge the country into a 2nd depression over this. That's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

We don't even know what kind of impacts this has beyond the sickness itself. Even if we use deaths as the benchmark, they are up 27% over the last week.

1 hour ago, Jonger said:

Same.... between February and April I had about 3 different bouts of something very similar. Not wasting my time with testing so the results can be exploited for political purposes. As it stands now, our governor will be lucky to real in 10% of all business owners votes when she's up for reelection. She's about as popular as a bad case of diarrhea among most business owners.

Funny thing is her numbers are up across the board. I guess business owners aren't a huge make up of the populous.

• Like 1

Just now, Stebo said:

Funny thing is her numbers are up across the board. I guess business owners aren't a huge make up of the populous.

They employ the majority of the population. If they're freaking out, we all need to worry.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonger said:

If you're scared of the virus, quit your job and stay home. Nobody is forcing you to work.

The fact that you think this is a solution says more about you than everyone else. Not everyone has the luxury of owning a business like you where you can hide and still make money.

• Like 1

Just now, Stebo said:

The fact that you think this is a solution says more about you than everyone else. Not everyone has the luxury of owning a business like you where you can hide and still make money.

I'm speaking about the fact that people in the prime of their lives are being destroyed economically so we can protect 85 year old obese smokers.

35454631_Annotation2020-07-12152750.thumb.png.57ee40cfbcede9e5cf8ebbdb51e70480.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

I have been serving the public face to face since this started. In fact, I'm more exposed than ever.

Not sure where you got the idea that I'm hiding. Yesterday I was in Westland, Friday Jackson, Thursday Walled Lake, Wednesday Rochester Hills, Tuesday Ann Arbor.

2 people on vacation, so I'm out everyday. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jonger said:

I'm speaking about the fact that people in the prime of their lives are being destroyed economically so we can protect 85 year old obese smokers.

35454631_Annotation2020-07-12152750.thumb.png.57ee40cfbcede9e5cf8ebbdb51e70480.png

I am guessing that a lot of those who died in their 50s/60s would have been around for a while.  You can live for decades with many of the preexisting conditions that are a problem with covid. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I am guessing that a lot of those who died in their 50s/60s would have been around for a while.  You can live for decades with many of the preexisting conditions that are a problem with covid. 

In my opinion, those people should apply for disability or Social Security and self quarantine until the CDC determines that the greatest threat is over or a vaccine is developed.

35 minutes ago, Jonger said:

What don't you get about the hospitals being overwhelmed? Part of it is to prevent as many deaths as possible but a big part is also because the virus causes lots of people of many ages to get sick enough that they need hospitalization, and when it goes unchecked it spreads insanely fast. The ability to grow exponentially and fill up hospitals and ICUs is this viruses super power. It is the reason you can't just pretend it doesn't exist.

Your obviously need to be smart about how you contain it, the EU is providing some good models for how to do it, same with some states in the northeast. Or country is either too arrogant or too stupid to follow the science. Messing up on containing the virus looks to be heading toward renewed shutdowns in FL and TX unless things turn around in the next few weeks. It'll have to happen to about crisis care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jonger said:

In my opinion, those people should apply for disability or Social Security and self quarantine until the CDC determines that the greatest threat is over or a vaccine is developed.

More than half the country have a high risk comorbidity, 40% alone are obese. This is not a realistic idea.

• Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, Jonger said:

It isn't killing the elderly and people of all ages are getting sick. How dense do you have to be?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Exactly plus there are plenty 25 to 50 who are dying too.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Exactly plus there are plenty 25 to 50 who are dying too.

That chart is CDC data. That flat dark blue line at the bottom covers most of that demographic.

It's like looking at declining sea ice data and making a statement about how good the ice is doing in one little inlet and using that as your proof that everything is fine.

7 minutes ago, Stebo said:

This is why some in this country see this as no big deal.

Have even 20 kids under 10 years of age died so far? It took a long time to register 1 death.

Only 3 pediatric deaths under 18 as of April 2nd. If 14,740 died ... we aren't talking about the same virus.

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Jonger said:

That chart is CDC data. That flat dark blue line at the bottom covers most of that demographic.

It's like looking at declining sea ice data and making a statement about how good the ice is doing in one little inlet and using that as your proof that everything is fine.

It's still thousands from 25 to 65 who may have not died by tomorrow so give it up, none of those people should be dead.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stebo said:

This is why some in this country see this as no big deal.

I gotta admit that number looks shockingly high.  

Sadly there will be kids that die when school opens, whether they catch it at school or somewhere else.  There seems to be differing risk level even among kids though.  Like teenagers seem to be more of a risk than really young kids (but obviously teenagers are at much lower risk of serious illness/death compared to middle age/old adults).  

Just now, Jonger said:

Have even 20 kids under 10 years of age died so far? It took a long time to register 1 death.

Only 3 pediatric deaths under 18 as of April 2nd. If 14,740 died ... we aren't talking about the same virus.

April 2nd was 3 and half months ago... and kids are in school until 18 plus we have people in college in close quarters as well...

Just now, Hoosier said:

I gotta admit that number looks shockingly high.  

Sadly there will be kids that die when school opens, whether they catch it at school or somewhere else.  There seems to be differing risk level even among kids though.  Like teenagers seem to be more of a risk than really young kids (but obviously teenagers are at much lower risk of serious illness/death compared to middle age/old adults).  

I'm not going with the number being right, it is the thought that the number is remotely acceptable. 

Just now, Stebo said:

I'm not going with the number being right, it is the thought that the number is remotely acceptable. 

She clearly didn't speak correctly when making that statement. Move that decimal placement a few steps to the right and add zeros.

Just now, Jonger said:

She clearly didn't speak correctly when making that statement. Move that decimal placement a few steps to the right and add zeros.

Math is hard. You just need to add zeros the decimal doesn't need to move. If it moved right it would increase the percentages.

• Like 2