Total Members
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB
MAG5035

Central PA - Spring 2020

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Tonight’s line split Harrisburg and we didn’t even get rain lol. 

We got grazed by both lines. 

1 hour ago, Anduril said:

Carlisle got smacked pretty hard with the cell around 742p I even reported hail to mPing

I think almost the heart of that cell went close to me.  It was some of the most torrential rainfall I've ever seen with visibility maybe 50 yards.  Had a peak wind gust to 38mph.  Not sure if I had any hail...don't think I saw any.  @Anduril are you still at the Staples next to Walmart?  If so I'm only about one mile southwest of your store.

It was a fast mover as I only picked up 0.27" of rainfall, but that was in about 10 minutes or so.

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hard to believe it's only been 3 weeks since we were talking snow. 

Yes! I was thinking about that as well earlier today.

Less than 3 months to go until met Fall arrives!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I think almost the heart of that cell went close to me.  It was some of the most torrential rainfall I've ever seen with visibility maybe 50 yards.  Had a peak wind gust to 38mph.  Not sure if I had any hail...don't think I saw any.  @Anduril are you still at the Staples next to Walmart?  If so I'm only about one mile southwest of your store.

It was a fast mover as I only picked up 0.27" of rainfall, but that was in about 10 minutes or so.

Yuppers. And it wasnt much hail but I saw some other reports show up as well on Radarscope

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

1.5" of rain yesterday from 3 rounds of thunderstorms.

I got 0.2" from getting fringed by two rounds. Unbelievable how both complexes hit or missed basically the same locations

What does storm potential look like today. My girlfriend in Jersey got hit hard with both rounds of storms. Said second one sound like golf balls hitting her house. Told her it was hail.

That derecho was pretty crazy yesterday at 11am. I was on the outer edge of it so I didn't get the worst but over half a million lost power and 4 people died in PA and NJ. Highest wind gust recorded was 89mph.

That storm that just rolled through Halifax had to at least been a good one. Looked like quite a few lighting strikes with it per radar.

Look at where I live. Two cells following each other to my south. Like Bob Ueker said, "just a bit outside".

I've never lived in a more boring weather town than Tamaqua... 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

In this situation I would be feeling pretty fortunate if I was you.  :)

I dunno. I'm an "anomalous" weather junkie, so I kind of want to get slammed, be it a blizzard, severe storm, hurricane, etc.

Look at the radar now. Once the complex got past Tamaqua, it really came together over the Poconos. We seem to either kill or create storms. We just very rarely get hit square on with one.

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I dunno. I'm an "anomalous" weather junkie, so I kind of want to get slammed, be it a blizzard, severe storm, hurricane, etc.

Look at the radar now. Once the complex got past Tamaqua, it really came together over the Poconos. We seem to either kill or create storms. We just very rarely get hit square on with one.

I dunno man from what you've said before...you *def* dont like getting *slammed* :p

39 minutes ago, canderson said:

That looks like a radar issue honestly. 

Nope. We actually were in a hole. I knew it would fill in, and it did. I just had to post it to laugh at myself for how much I complain (sometimes warranted) at my weather woes...