• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2020

@Jns2183

My wife just found the archives for the daily tables I had been looking at for my local info.  This link will take you to the archived data which is all lumped together by daily report, in descending order, starting with yesterday's report.  One quick peak shows that Cumberland county's first cases showed up on March 13th with 3 positive cases.   

Here is the link:  https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Archives.aspx

1 minute ago, Anduril said:

The world leaders should have reacted far early based upon what was being released by china. the information was all there, our leaders were literally too stupid to act on it. Some countries did and are showing positive results. The ones that didnt (us, italy, spain, uk) are unsurprisingly suffering. This was not an unexpected thing literally our government war gamed against this, our military screamed this was a possibility. This is not china's fault. This is not the worlds fault. This is our countries leadership or utter failing there of's fault. Sadly, the ones who are responsible will never face the blame they 

I was not aware China reported this back in November. I thought it was January when they said there was a problem. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, daxx said:

I was not aware China reported this back in November. I thought it was January when they said there was a problem. 

November was the first case, in December China said it’s going to be a problem.

US memos from early January talk about it, they did nothing at all for more than 2 months. Well except say it’s continued AB not a threat and go to work.

4 hours ago, paweather said:

This is my one reply to this virus, hope we can track some snow soon, but Governor seriously allowing trout season to start when we are in a Stay at home order? People are getting citations because they are driving around. This is exactly why everyone is confused with this order. Ridiculous. I have many fishermen friends and I don't like it but to open Trout up and get on TV telling everyone to stay at home outside of the essentials, seriously, fishing is not essential.

Now back to the weather, it is the only weather we got. - Credit to JB. 

Come on , you just broke a rule on here...

Thou shalt not mention JB !

I personally love the man & watch his videos every day. But on here, everyone seems to think it is outrageous if you mention him, despite him being a long time professional meteorologist that is a published author & appears on national radio & network television.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

US memos from early January talk about it, they did nothing at all for more than 2 months. Well except say it’s continued AB not a threat and go to work.

China should have shut down all there airports in and out of there country back in December if they knew it was bad that early. 

20 minutes ago, daxx said:

China should have shut down all there airports in and out of there country back in December if they knew it was bad that early. 

That’d have killed their manufacturing which as a communist nation won’t be done until,the wired knows what’s up, unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

That’d have killed their manufacturing which as a communist nation won’t be done until,the wired knows what’s up, unfortunately. 

I think it is a somewhat fair estimate to say China screwed up as did the US.  In both cases it was money which caused the poor judgement.  A lot of  people have taken to the mantra now  'Don't listen to Trump just look at the results of his actions' and that is a pretty fair assessment as well.  The US screwed up and reacted too late but it is super magnified by Trump sound bytes making the screw up sound even worse...I suspect Trump's government did better than what some think and the focus on Trumps verbal missteps magnifies the bad side of it. 

9 minutes ago, daxx said:

I never thought I would say this, Blizz keep on posting snow maps!  It's a lot better than looking at virus predictions. 

Ok, I will keep going with the snow maps. 

I agree, they are a nice distraction from the terrible current events.

If we can get warning level snow in late October like back in 2011, then we can get a decent snowstorm in mid April.

Let’s do this!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I personally love the man & watch his videos every day. But on here, everyone seems to think it is outrageous if you mention him, despite him being a long time professional meteorologist that is a published author & appears on national radio & network television.

Only  reason some people don't like to mention JB is he's been slowly falling off a cliff. I used to love the hell out of him and watched him everyday. Even subscribed to weatherbell back in the early 2010's partly for him. Why do I have a love/hate relationship with him now? Well just the other week he thought a twitter technical glitch was a conspiracy to silence his stance on climate change. He's starting to lose his marbles :(

12 hours ago, daxx said:

Can you imagine if China would have been truthful from the very beginning. The whole world would be in a hell of a lot  better shape!  Maybe world leaders would have reacted earlier and would have taken it more serious. 

Ive heard that if they would have shared the news 3 weeks earlier, that a 95% reduction in worldwide cases could have been likely.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

holy shit, thats huge.

but thats also contingent on the world treating it seriously and getting out in front of it. 

Can anyone imagine if the President left the doors open to the world.....That in my mind really helped to slow the spread.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Anduril said:

I don't mean to be *that* guy but it is somewhat disingenuous considering in many cases CV19 deaths are not being documented correctly (aka being listed as pneumonia or heart failure) we're not exactly getting a clear picture as to the death rates associated with CV19. Is it the end of the world? No, but is it a serious situation that is going to impact a large range of people and to downplay it is not in my mind correct. Especially with our current president and ruling party constantly downplaying if not outright lying left and right about it.

your point is a valid one, but be reminded that i posted cancer and heart death totals based off of 2017 averages, as to make a point....and that point being that a lot of people die EVERY day as a result....not to minimize the concerns wrt CV19.  One needs to be reminded that even when we can get the data points you request, the numbers for CV19 include that. 

Point I'm trying to drive home.....dead is dead.  Not being harsh, just being real.  

11 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I love JB for what we can learn from him, and have followed him for decades.  but he did go off the political deep end a bit.  I quite WB some time ago, so no long have acess.

11 hours ago, canderson said:

No.  see link below.  It was not made public until Jan 9 and shared to the world, as they thought it had SARS similarities, but then debunked that. 

I can totally understand based on timeline below how and why our Govt acted the way they did based on said info/intel.  I get a little hot when all of the sunday morning qb's lob jabs (and this is something i feel about EVERY administration, not just the current one) - mind you no other administration has had to deal with this in or lifetimes. Obama administration would have used the same playbook, and I totally think we acted as best we could based on what we did/didnt know.

https://www.axios.com/timeline-the-early-days-of-chinas-coronavirus-outbreak-and-cover-up-ee65211a-afb6-4641-97b8-353718a5faab.html

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i thought someone dropped a bomb. It went daylight for a bit. Nice storm.

sorry fells'a...............i'm ready for sun and warmth. not snow

we had a nice t storm overnight.  I enjoyed it.  

I too am ready for sun and warmth so we can kill da bug and get back to life.  F snow....yep i said it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

we had a nice t storm overnight.  I enjoyed it.  

I too am ready for sun and warmth so we can kill da bug and get back to life.  F snow....yep i said it.

The ONLY good thing about snow at this point would be the novelty of it - "hey, do you remember back in 2020 during the Covid 19 pandemic when it actually snowed on April 16th?"

Like you said, it's spring. It's my least favorite season of the year by far being the cold weather guy that I am, but snow holds no appeal in the middle of April. I'm counting down the days to the solstice and the slow descent back towards winter...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The ONLY good thing about snow at this point would be the novelty of it - "hey, do you remember back in 2020 during the Covid 19 pandemic when it actually snowed on April 16th?"

Like you said, it's spring. It's my least favorite season of the year by far being the cold weather guy that I am, but snow holds no appeal in the middle of April. I'm counting down the days to the solstice and the slow descent back towards winter...

agreed Mike....

I have typically hated spring, but as i age (like fine wine mind you), I appreciate all seasons and what they bring.  

Be well.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

agreed Mike....

I have typically hated spring, but as i age (like fine wine mind you), I appreciate all seasons and what they bring.  

Be well.

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The only reason i liked spring, it meant Baseball/softball. Oh and lilacs :drunk:

• Weenie 1