• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jammcohr
    Newest Member
    jammcohr

March Discobs 2020

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

12z gfs has basically 0.0” of precip  for central MD tomorrow. NAM and GGEM both over 0.5”. Someone’s gonna bust hard.

I noticed the latest WPC qpf cut back some on amounts- so they must be giving some weight to the GFS shift south in recent runs. Any idea what the Euro is depicting?

I selfishly want this to be a weak sauce event here lol. Been too wet for my liking.

10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I noticed the latest WPC qpf cut back some on amounts- so they must be giving some weight to the GFS shift south in recent runs. Any idea what the Euro is depicting?

I selfishly want this to be a weak sauce event here lol. Been too wet for my liking.

Euro looks like a general .4 over here and and up to about .6” for you.506E1C27-1AD7-4FB3-B4CA-7A93B98763A9.thumb.jpeg.8276ecc1ab082d001978457616126e7a.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Euro looks like a general .4 over here and and up to about .6” for you.506E1C27-1AD7-4FB3-B4CA-7A93B98763A9.thumb.jpeg.8276ecc1ab082d001978457616126e7a.jpeg

Good to see the really heavy stuff SE of me. LOL I will not be saying that come late June I am sure. Wont be able to buy a raindrop when we are at peak sun. :yikes:

Total opposite here , every rain event over the last 2 months has been roughly  a quarter or less  of what was predicted a day or two in advance.... Tonight is turning out the same way.... 

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Actually have snow mixing in with the rain here in Hanover. Currently sitting a touch under 38 degrees.

Here too, it has been slush bombs when heavier bands move through. 

Looks like another underperformed IMBY. BWI and my neighbor both around 0.2”.

edit...BWI at 0.27”. Neighbor 0.18”.

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Here too, it has been slush bombs when heavier bands move through. 

Didn't last long here, maybe 15 20 minutes during a heavier rain band. Temp dropped 3-4 degrees during that time.

7 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Didn't last long here, maybe 15 20 minutes during a heavier rain band. Temp dropped 3-4 degrees during that time.

Just rain here in timonium :raining:

We can’t even get a rainstorm right! Haha. Oh well. Here’s the good news. It’s almost happy hour! I mean it’s 2:17 pm. I think it might start at 2:18.  :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scraff said:

We can’t even get a rainstorm right! Haha. Oh well. Here’s the good news. It’s almost happy hour! I mean it’s 2:17 pm. I think it might start at 2:18.  :lol:

Mine started just after noon today. This work from home thing is dangerous.:yikes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

So we’re at 2 storms that would have been decent snow events a month ago. Over under on how many more we get in the next 3 weeks...I say at least 2 more. We might even eek out a very minor snow event from a storm that would have been 1-2 feet in winter just to rub salt in the wound. 

57 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Wintry feeling/looking morning as the sun came up. Temp at 32.

sunn.thumb.jpg.d5f235ec7900c547ddb9372bc7014774.jpg

Nice pic! We are cloudy with some fog AGAIN here this morning, going back to the 10th, I have reported 1 clear and 2 partly cloudy 7am reports, rest cloudy or fog, and most with some form of precip falling from sky at that time....

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Ugh go away clouds 

The never wins when we need it to. Only when we need sun.

Well that was a wake up call... falling asleep after waiting for the new Day 1 OTLK and loud rumble of thunder just shook the house

Guess these are elevated boomers... but some nice lightning strikes outside right now too

Well that was a wake up call... falling asleep after waiting for the new Day 1 OTLK and loud rumble of thunder just shook the house
Guess these are elevated boomers... but some nice lightning strikes outside right now too

yup, pretty shocked to be awoken by thunder. Kinda nice though!