Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Too early to start the 2/27 storm thread?

6DD3B6CE-53A4-4BCE-9495-AB5BCE4A76BD.png

That track looks familiar this season.... for all the crap we give Blizzy for his persistence forecast, even the clown range models can't buck the seasonal trend for even a run or two :lol:.  That EURO snow map Ginxy posted too looks like a lot of snow maps we've seen this season.  It's bizarre how stable that has been for months now.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

That track looks familiar this season.... for all the crap we give Blizzy for his persistence forecast, even the clown range models can't buck the seasonal trend for even a run or two :lol:.  That EURO snow map Ginxy posted too looks like a lot of snow maps we've seen this season.  It's bizarre how stable that has been for months now.

The ensemble mean track would actually be pretty nice for interior SNE. Might be some taint but def a good bit of wintry precip. It’s subtle...but definitely enough better than other tracks to do well. 

The mean track this winter has been some low up in Toronto with a triple point secondary over or just east of SNE. This would actually be a redeveloped low coming out over the midatlantic and south of SNE. A little earlier than the typical garbage storm this winter. 

But there’s plenty of time to get that primary into tornto and Ottawa. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Probably better off setting your sites after next week. At least the airmass will be better. Kind of a crap airmass for that system as modeled.  Maybe it works out for the interior, but just my hunch.

Yeah I’m not expecting anything from those systems. But if the second one improves a little bit  in the next 3 days or so then it may be worth tracking. 

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Any level if skill I have is just from failing a million times...we'll see what happens. Should at least have sime shots, which is more than we can say for the past two months.

:axe:

Maybe so but any competitor within themselves gets better from not allowing failure to block them from continuous improvement. Otherwise, we would always just remain the same in whatever profession or personal achievements we seek. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s coming. Patience and level headiness will be rewarded.

I'm very patient , this late in the game ,I'm in it till the end, not going to join Dews..... I was hoping that the "change" was next mon-tues or at least starting too, it will be nice to see the sun, looking forward to wind and colder temps

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea thanks. the better chances for sne come after with miller B potential. We’ll see, another week to go. 

I agree that things look better after the next 7 days or so, but we definitely can’t afford to kick the cab anymore. It’s either improving this time and we’ll have legit chances or we are done. And as everyone knows, better pattern does not equal snow. So for now, just hoping we don’t end up punting anymore time, because frankly, we can’t afford it

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That thing is just a black hole in the arctic until further notice. The Pacific improves, but arctic and NATL are just so putrid. 

We don't need it be eviscerated and replaced with March 2018...just neutralize it a bit to get a fighting chance....we'll see.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That thing is just a black hole in the arctic until further notice. The Pacific improves, but arctic and NATL are just so putrid. 

Yeah it’s all PAC driven. Atlantic is going to offer nada in this. Hope we 1993 (also had a putrid Atlantic)

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We don't need it be aviscerated and replaced with March 2018...just neutralize it a bit to get a fighting chance....we'll see.

There are always chances in March even in a crap pattern....but I wish things could shake up a bit. It doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling, but we shall see.