Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There are always chances in March even in a crap pattern....but I wish things could shake up a bit. It doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling, but we shall see. 

I had hoped tha the Atl would relent a bit, but knew this was a distinct possibility. Hopefully the PAC compensates a bit. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It would be nice to get something exciting. Even our warm storms have been weak sauce. Just one big yawn.

Can’t buy a baroclinic zone and big time fronto in any of these storms. Closest we got was that one a few weeks ago that got powderfreak and upstate NY. 

Everything else has been diffuse crapola. 

Might change though. It does have the look of better baroclinciity going forward and the mean trough being much further east...can finally tap into the Atlantic moisture instead of lows going through Lake Huron. At least theoretically. Next week could def still go through Lake Huron. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Can’t buy a baroclinic zone and big time fronto in any of these storms. Closest we got was that one a few weeks ago that got powderfreak and upstate NY. 

Everything else has been diffuse crapola. 

Might change though. It does have the look of better baroclinciity going forward and the mean trough being much further east...can finally tap into the Atlantic moisture instead of lows going through Lake Huron. At least theoretically. Next week could def still go through Lake Huron. 

Although I will take a sunny weekend in lieu of any action. Should be nice Sat and Sun.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What is Tblizz saying cutter after cutter? 6z is a plethora of different types. Kind of makes sense.

Give him credit though. He’s been remarkably positive in an awful winter, he’s allowed to have a meh post. Though maybe he is one of the reasons this winter has felt strange from the get go. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Sun is out.  Nice day lift the spirits.  This winter can shove it.

Lol about to get a rude awakening unfortunately. I’d rather have 40F if it’s not gonna now but we’re going 1980s this week...frigid incoming the next few days. At least it moderates nicely this weekend. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Yes, but it was a little confusing since we have a week and a half left of Feb, and you're talking about something 5 weeks from now with a late March bomb.   So I was thinking the same thing....is he talking about very late Feb?  Or very late March?    

When someone says a late March bomb, what exactly does that mean to you? July?

• Haha 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Yes, but it was a little confusing since we have a week and a half left of Feb, and you're talking about something 5 weeks from now with a late March bomb.   So I was thinking the same thing....is he talking about very late Feb?  Or very late March?    

Feb is done in 10 days...prob nothing unless that d8 system actually delivers which is going to be tough since it is right as the pattern changes. 

Canada gets loaded with some cold so it does set the stage for something fun in March perhaps. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL different world not far away. It's about as far as one can look from winter, here.

5-8” OTG in N ORH county. Those marginal 2-4” SWFEs and lack of melting have made it a different world. Honestly reminds me of some of those early 1990s winters...I was in elementary school and frequently we’d have nothing or patches of snow in ORH but then when we’d went up to WaWa for weekly ski club, it was solid 6” pack. 

I feel like that happens a lot in crappy winters. Lol. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

5-8” OTG in N ORH county. Those marginal 2-4” SWFEs and lack of melting have made it a different world. Honestly reminds me of some of those early 1990s winters...I was in elementary school and frequently we’d have nothing or patches of snow in ORH but then when we’d went up to WaWa for weekly ski club, it was solid 6” pack. 

I feel like that happens a lot in crappy winters. Lol. 

I think you're right. Climo good enough in those areas even in dog poop seasons. The real in and up. Not faux in and up in NE CT.

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The drop off in just 5 miles is fast.  It’s also not much deeper or better 10 miles north.  This will be gone soon enough. 

It’s been a latitude winter.You to Greenfield on north. NW CT has no snow. No clue what Scoots is talking about. And apparently neither does he.