• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

February Banter 2020

Wonder if the Caps are done after getting Kovalchuk last night... Pens grabbed Marleau... Islanders/Flyers/Blue Jackets have made moves today

17 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Judging by the moves every other team is making I think the ISLES have gotten the best one

steep price they paid

1 hour ago, H2O said:

steep price they paid

Yes but they extended his contract for several years so it won't be a rental at least.

Late trade... Caps acquire Sprong from Ducks for Djoos -- https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2020/02/washington-capitals-acquire-daniel-sprong.html

There had been chatter leading up to the deadline that the Washington Capitals may trade a defenseman, and indeed they have. It just wasn’t one of their NHL players. Frank Seravalli of TSN reports the team has sent Christian Djoos to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for Daniel Sprong, a swap of two players once considered top prospects.

Wow, I hadn't heard anything about this.  But apparently the Summit station in Greenland may have hit an all time record low this winter.  I guess the fruits of our friend the PV.

Warning: the person who runs this site that I am linking to appears to be dedicated to AGW skepticism/denial.  I post it because it has some interesting discussion of the hypothesis that I have alluded to previously about reduced latitudinal temp gradients causing more blocking.  Apparently the hypothesis is being questioned by new studies.

http://joannenova.com.au/2020/02/global-confusion-turns-out-global-warming-doesnt-cause-wandering-jet-stream-extreme-weather/ 

Just ignore the constant carping at the "stupidity" of climate scientists.

3k nam has the Catoctins changing from rain to snow overnight Wed for a bit.  Wouldn't surprise me given the dynamic setup .

Western Md and places like Canaan should get some nice totals this week .

18 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

kinda feel bad for Chicago here. Tough forecast.

It was really bad. Weenies up there just walked outside and laid down outside waiting for burial. There are like 8 weenies left in the eastern US. 

afa475aec14656b26b75124d84f7d361.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Caps looking good early. And what a goal by Vrana!

Kovalchuck is all over the place. Really like the pace the caps are playing at tonight. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, yoda said:

2 games in hand

Pls put Murray in goal. He’s been spectacular his last few. Kthxbye.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This was just north of your point in the northern Tug. Lowville/Redfield are going to get smashed. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-75.77064514160156&lat=43.800836406012195#.XlcTNqjYouU